Conversation A
对话A
Susie: I love my tablet. James, do you own a tablet?
苏西:我很喜欢我的平板电脑。詹姆斯,你有平板吗?
James: No. I don't need one. I just use my smartphone.
詹姆斯:没有。我不需要。我就用我的智能手机就可以了。
Susie: But smartphones aren't big enough for some things.
苏西:但是有些事情用智能手机,显得不够大啊。
James: True, but then I use my computer.
詹姆斯:没错,但是那样我就会用我的电脑。
Susie: But I can carry my tablet with me.
苏西:我是随身携带着我的平板电脑。
James: You could get a laptop instead of a tablet.
詹姆斯:你可以买一台笔记本,不必用平板。
Susie: Hmm. Both of them could fit into my bag.
苏西:嗯。这两个东西都可以放进我的书包。
Conversation B
对话B
Taylor: Hi, Linda. How are you?
泰勒:嗨,琳达。你怎么样?
Linda: I'm a little upset.
琳达:我有一点失落。
Taylor: Oh, no. What's wrong?
泰勒:哦,不。怎么了?
Linda: My laptop broke this morning.
琳达:今天早上我的笔记本电脑坏了。
Taylor: Oh, dear. Will you repair it or get a new one?
泰勒:哦,天啊。你是要修还是买一台新的?
Linda: I want a new one. But I actually want a desktop computer.
琳达:我想买一台新的。但是实际上我想要一台台式电脑。
Taylor: Why?
泰勒:为什么?
Linda: Well, my laptop's battery didn't last very long, and desktop computers always have power.
琳达:嗯,我的笔记本的电池续航不好,而台式电脑一直都有电。