Why now? Why has this all of a sudden become a reality, an exciting direction in the future of medicine?
什么是现在?为什么这会突然变成现实,成为未来医疗界令人振奋的方向?
What we have is, in a way, a perfect positive storm.
从某种程度上说,我们现在所经历的是一场积极变革。
This sets up consumer-driven healthcare. That's where this is all starting.
它引起了以消费者为导向的医疗革命。而这就是一切的根源。
Let me just give you specifics about why this is a big movement if you're not aware of it:
如果你还没有意识到这一点,让我给大家举个例子来解释为什么这是一项重大举动:
1.2 million Americans have gotten a Nike shoe,
120万美国人都有一双耐克鞋,
which is a body-area network that connects the shoe, the sole of the shoe to the iPhone, or an iPod.
通过人体局域网链接了他们的iPhone、iPod以及鞋子。
And this Wired Magazine cover article really captured a lot of this;
这本《连线》的封面文章集合了很多这样的应用,
it talked a lot about the Nike shoe and how quickly that's been adopted to monitor exercise physiology and energy expenditure.
它提到了耐克鞋如何迅速监控人们的生理运动和能量消耗。
Here are some things, the principles that are guiding principles to keep in mind:
这些是需要我们牢记于心的指导原则:
"A data-driven health revolution promises to make us all better, faster, and stronger. Living by numbers."
以数字技术为导向的医疗卫生革命,将会让我们生活地更好、更快、更强。
And this one, which is really telling, this was from July, this cover article:
看一下这个,这的确很有说服力,这是7月的封面文章。
"The personal metrics movement goes way beyond diet and exercise.
个人的监控远不止日常饮食和运动,
It's about tracking every facet of life, from sleep to mood to pain, 24/7/365."
它涉及到生活的方方面面,从睡眠到情绪到疼痛感,贯穿一天24小时,一周7天,一年365天。
Well, I tried this device. A lot of you have gotten that Phillips Direct Life.
因此,我尝试使用这种设备。我知道你们中的很多人使用飞利浦的Direct Life。
I didn't have one of those, but I got the Fitbit. That looks like this.
我没有那个东西,不过我有个Fitbit,就是这个。
It's like a wireless accelerometer, pedometer.
它看起来就像是一个无线加速器或计步器。
And I want to just give you the results of that testing, because I wanted to understand about the consumer movement.
在这里,我只想给大家展示这个东西监控的结果,因为我想知道消费者的运动情况。
I hope the, by the way, the Phillips Direct Life works better -- I hope so.
我希望Phillips Direct Life会更好用一些,希望如此。
But this monitors food, it monitors activity and tracks weight.
但这个还监控饮食、运动和体重。
However you have to put in most of this stuff.
然而,你需要输入大部分信息到这个设备中。
The only thing it really tracks by itself is activity, and even then, it's not complete.
它能够独立监控的只有运动,即便是这样,它还不是完整的。
So, you exercise and it picks up the exercise.
因此,当你运动的时候,这个装置就会记录你运动的情况。
You put in your height and weight, it calculates BMI,
你输入你的身高和体重,它就会计算出你的体质指数,
and of course it tells you how many calories you're expending from the exercise,
当然,它还会告诉你在运动过程中你消耗了多少卡路里,
and how many you took in, if you go in and enter all the foods.
吃东西吸收了多少卡路里,不过,前提是你必须先输入有关食物的信息。