Conversation A
对话A
Taylor: Do you like horses, Linda?
泰勒:你喜欢马吗,琳达?
Linda: Yes, I do. I love horses! I rode a lot when I was younger. But I don't ride much now.
琳达:是的。我超爱马!我年纪小一点的时候总骑马。但是现在骑得少了。
Taylor: Me, too! I took riding lessons as a kid. I wanted a horse of my own.
泰勒:我也是!我儿时上过骑马课。那时候我想拥有一匹属于自己的马。
Linda: So did I. But my parents wouldn't buy me one because keeping a horse is expensive.
琳达:我也是。但是我的父母不给我买,因为养一只马是很昂贵的。
Taylor: I know. They eat a lot!
泰勒:没错。他们吃得太多了!
Conversation B
对话B
Susie: Well, Alex. We're here at the horse jumping competition. It'll start soon.
苏西:阿莱克斯,我们来到马术比赛的现场了。比赛马上就要开始了。
Alex: It will be a fun report to do. But I don't know much about horse jumping.
阿莱克斯:这个报道制作起来一定很有意思。但是我不太了解马术。
Susie: I can help you. Look. You can see the course of jumps here.
苏西:我可以帮助你。听着。你可以看到这里的跳栏场地。
Alex: Yes. Do the horses and riders jump over them?
阿莱克斯:是的。骑手和马要从这上面跳过去吗?
Susie: Right. But horses and riders must go over the jumps in a certain order.
苏西:对。但是骑手和马必须按照特定的顺序跳过去。