Conversation A
对话A
Linda: Was your old home bigger than your new apartment?
琳达:你以前的房子比你的新公寓大吗?
James: Yes, I lived in a lovely old house.
詹姆斯:是的,我原来住在一栋漂亮的老房子里。
Linda: Oh, I love old houses. Was it made of wood or brick?
琳达:哦,我喜欢老房子。它是木头做的还是砖做的?
James: Wood, but my new apartment is in a tall brick building.
詹姆斯:木头,但是我的新公寓是在一栋高大的砖房里。
Linda: Why did you move?
琳达:你为什么搬家?
James: I wanted to live near the office. My old house was too far away.
詹姆斯:我想住在办公室附近。我的老房子太远了。
Conversation B
对话B
Susie: At present, I have a nice house, but my rent went up, so I need a smaller place.
苏西:我目前住在一个还不错的房子里,但是我的房租上涨了,所以我需要搬到一个小一点的地方。
Alex: Some people live in micro houses.
亚历克斯:有些人住在微型房子里。
Susie: Those are very small.
苏西:那些房子非常小。
Alex: They're cute, too.
亚历克斯:它们也很可爱。
Susie: Well, I don't want a tiny home -- maybe something between a house and a micro house.
苏西:嗯,我不想住在极小的房子里--也许我想要的是介于普通房子和微型房子之间的那种。
Alex: That sounds like an apartment.
亚历克斯:那听起来像公寓。
Susie: Yes, I should look at some apartments.
苏西:是的,我应该去看看公寓。