Conversation A
对话A
Taylor: Are Rob and Alex hiking now?
泰勒:罗布和阿莱克斯现在是不是在徒步旅行?
Linda: Yes, they are on the Pacific Crest Trail.
琳达:是啊,他们在太平洋屋脊步道。
Taylor: How exciting! Is the trail really long?
泰勒:太棒了!那个步道是不是很长?
Linda: Yes, it is. They can't hike the whole trail. That takes between four and six months!
琳达:是的。他们走不完全程。那要花四到六个月的时间呢!
Taylor: Wow! How long is the trail?
泰勒:哇!那个步道有多长啊?
Linda: It's 4,265 kilometers long.
琳达:大约4265千米。
Taylor: What a long trail! I can't hike that far.
泰勒:好长的步道啊!我可走不了那么远。
Conversation B
对话B
Rob: How are you doing, Alex?
罗布:阿莱克斯,你怎么样?
Alex: I'm OK. But I'm tired. And my left boot is rubbing my big toe.
阿莱克斯:我还好。但是有点儿累了。我左脚的靴子磨到了大拇指。
Rob: Let's stop and rest. You can take off your boot and put a bandage on your toe.
罗布:那我们停下来休息一下吧。你可以脱下靴子,在脚趾上绑上绷带。
Alex: Good idea. I don't want a blister.
阿莱克斯:好主意。我可不想起水泡。
Rob: No, you don't. We're hiking a long way.
罗布:你不会的。我们要走很长一段路。
Alex: How far are we going today?
阿莱克斯:我们今天要走多远?
Rob: About 12 miles.
罗布:大约12英里吧。