It's not that difficult to be a young CEO.
成为一名年轻的CEO并不难。
Some people mistake me as an adult.
有些人确实是会误以为我是个成年人。
People are generally supportive about what I'm doing, and I get a lot of pretty interesting advice from people.
大家普遍都很支持我,我也从他们那里得到了很多非常有意思的建议。
This Great Big Story was made possible by LEGO. Play her way.
感谢乐高对本期伟大的故事的大力支持。乐高,玩她所好。
I'm Hillary Yip, I'm 14 and I live in Hong Kong.
我叫叶礽僖,今年14岁,我住在香港。
I'm the founder and CEO of MinorMynas.
我是MinorMynas的创始人兼CEO。
Minor Mynas started as a foreign language learning app, where we connect kids from all over the world.
Minor Mynas是一款外语学习应用,这个软件为来自世界各地的孩子提供了一个相互交流的平台。
First to learn in a peer-to-peer environment and to make friends from across boarders.
使用的第一步是在一个同龄人的环境中学习,和不同国家的小朋友交朋友。
Right now we've got users from 150 countries and counting.
现在我们的用户已经遍布150个国家,还在继续增加。
I think we kids are neglected on the market before other video games or educational products.
在我看来,相比其他的游戏产品和教育产品,我们这个年龄段的孩子的需求其实是被忽略了的。
Minor Mynas wants to be the middle ground,
Minor Mynas就是要打造这样一个中间地带,
where we're able to have fun by getting to connect with new friends, while being able to learn something new.
让我们这个年龄段的孩子也能从交新朋友,学习新东西的过程中获得乐趣。
When I was 10 years old my Chinese was appalling,
我10岁的时候我的中文还超级差,
and my mom finally had it and sent my brother and I to a Chinese summer camp.
最后我妈妈就把我和弟弟送去了一个汉语夏令营。
It went very well because we had no choice but to speak in Mandarin.
结果还挺顺利的,因为我们也只能硬着头皮说普通话。
And a couple months later when I saw entrepreneurship competition for kids,
几个月之后,我看到了一个儿童创业大赛,
I wondered if I could bring the experience online,
我就想,我能不能把这种体验做成线上体验,
so that all us kids can learn languages in a more effective manner.
这样我们所有的孩子就都能以更有效的方式学语言了。
After the competition, someone approached me and said that he'd love to be my mentor if I wanted to continue my idea.
比赛结束后,有人找到我,说如果我想继续,他愿意引导我。
So I jumped at the chance.
所以我记抓住了这个机会。
What is Minor Mynas able to do?
那Minor Mynas这个应用能做什么?
First of all, we are able to provide a safe environment for kids.
首先,我们能够为孩子们提供一个安全的学习环境。
The best thing about being a CEO is the freedom and the flexibility.
当CEO最大的好处就是自由和灵活性。
What I do on a day-to-day basis is generally pitching, developing investor decks, talking to investors, talking to customers,
我每天的工作就是推销,开发投资者平台,见投资商,见客户,
writing up our vision for the future and executing upon marketing grounds.
规划公司未来的愿景还有开展营销活动。
Outside of school hours, I tend to just prioritize my tasks with Minor Mynas.
课余时间,我习惯优先做Minor Mynas相关的工作。
So, after I get every thing done, I get to read, I get to debate,
所有的工作都结束之后,我才会看书,讨论,
and when my friends are in town I get to hang out with them.
有朋友在这边的时候,我就跟他们玩儿。
My family has been very very supportive.
我的家人一直非常非常支持我。
so whether it's my mom learning with me throughout the whole journey of Minor Mynas.
在创立Minor Mynas的过程中我妈妈一直在跟我一起学习。
Because none of us have worked on a startup before.
因为我们都没有创业经验。
There will always be people who tell you that you can't.
总会有人跟你说,你做不到。
Whether it's because of your age, gender, where your from.
不管是因为你的年龄,你的性别还是你的出身。
But what we can do is to continue working on what we're doing.
而我们能做的,就是继续做我们正在做的事情。
That's the only way we can prove them wrong.
因为只有这样,我们才有机会证明他们是错的。