Conversation A
对话A
Alex: James! My dad used to have a hammer like this!
阿莱克斯:詹姆斯!我爸爸以前有一把像这样的锤子!
James: I got it at the hardware store.
詹姆斯:这是我在五金店买的。
Alex: Why were you at the hardware store?
阿莱克斯:你为什么去五金店?
James: I'm painting my kitchen white.
詹姆斯:我要把我的厨房刷白。
Alex: So you needed paint and some brushes.
阿莱克斯:所以你需要油漆和几把刷子。
James: Right. And painters tape.
詹姆斯:没错,还有遮蔽胶带。
Alex: To put along the edges of the walls?
阿莱克斯:是要贴在墙壁边缘的吗?
James: Yes. I don't want paint on the floor or ceiling!
詹姆斯:是啊,我不想刷到地板或天花板!
Conversation B
对话B
Alex: Did you talk to Hank at the store?
阿莱克斯:你在五金店里有和汉克谈话吗?
James: Yes. He gave me advice! He told me which kind of tape to buy.
詹姆斯:有,他给了我一些建议!他告诉我该买哪种胶带。
Alex: That's good.
阿莱克斯:很好啊。
James: He said to cover the floor and counters with newspaper, too.
詹姆斯:他还说要用报纸盖住地板和流理台。
Alex: You don't want white paint on those!
阿莱克斯:你可不想把白漆滴在那些地方!
James: And I'll need a hammer to close the paint can!
詹姆斯:而且我还需要一把锤子把油漆罐的盖子敲紧!
Alex: Well, a good hammer is always useful.
阿莱克斯:嗯,一把好的锤子总是很有用。