Now you may be thinking that 30 is actually a better time to settle down than 20, or even 25, and I agree with you.
你可能会认为30岁是一个比20岁,甚至是25岁更好的安定下来的时间,而且我也同意。
But grabbing whoever you're living with or sleeping with when everyone on Facebook starts walking down the aisle is not progress.
但当你在别的人开始进入结婚礼堂时,抓紧和你同居或睡觉的人不叫进步。
The best time to work on your marriage is before you have one,
在婚事上下功夫的最好时间就是结婚之前,
and that means being as intentional with love as you are with work.
意思就是对待爱情就要像对待工作一样富有意识。
Picking your family is about consciously choosing who and what you want
选择家庭就是有意识的选择你想要的人和物,
rather than just making it work or killing time with whoever happens to be choosing you.
而不是单单想让事情成功,或者和选择你的那个人浪费时间。
So what happened to Emma? Well, we went through that address book,
那Emma后来怎么样了?嗯,我们翻了翻那个地址薄,
and she found an old roommate's cousin who worked at an art museum in another state.
然后她发现她的一个老室友的一位亲人在另一个州的一个艺术博物馆工作。
That weak tie helped her get a job there.
那个微弱的联系帮她在那里找到一份工作。
That job offer gave her the reason to leave that live-in boyfriend.
那份工作给她一个离开她的同居男友的理由。
Now, five years later, she's a special events planner for museums.
现在,5年过去了,她是一些博物馆的特殊活动规划者。
She's married to a man she mindfully chose.
她和一位她有意识地选择了的人结婚了。
She loves her new career, she loves her new family,
她爱她的新职业,她爱他的新家庭,
and she sent me a card that said, "Now the emergency contact blanks don't seem big enough."
她还给我一张上面写着“现在紧急联系人一栏似乎不够大了。”的卡片。