Conversation A
对话A
Susie: Today is my grandmother's birthday!
苏西:今天是我祖母的生日!
Rob: What's your grandmother's name?
罗布:你祖母叫什么名字?
Susie: Diane.
苏西:黛安。
Rob: Isn't Diane your middle name?
罗布:黛安不是你的中间名吗?
Susie: Yes! My parents gave me my grandmother's name.
苏西:是啊!我爸妈为我取了我祖母的名字。
Rob: That's nice. It's good to remember our relatives.
罗布:真好。能够纪念我们的亲人是很好的事情。
Susie: I agree. Is Rob the name of one of your relatives?
苏西:我同意。罗布是你亲人的名字吗?
Rob: No, but my Chinese name is a lot like my father's name.
罗布:不是,可是我的中文名字和我爸爸的名字很像。
Conversation B
对话B
Linda: Taylor, will you please talk to Alex?
琳达:泰勒,可以请你找阿莱克斯谈谈吗?
Taylor: Um, OK. Why?
泰勒:呃,好啊,为什么?
Linda: His foolish new middle name. He wants to call himself Alex Super.
琳达:他挑了个愚蠢的中间名。他想要把自己叫做阿莱克斯·超级。
Taylor: That's funny.
泰勒:真好玩。
Linda:,Funny? It's childish!
琳达:好玩?这样太幼稚了!
Taylor: Maybe, but it's his decision.
泰勒:也许吧,不过这是他的决定啊。
Linda: I know, but he shouldn't be so slly. Please have him change it.
琳达:我知道,可是他不该这么傻气。请叫他改掉。
Taylor: OK, don't worry. I'll talk to Alex.
泰勒:好,别担心,我会找阿莱克斯谈谈。