Yes!
过去了!
Even with my scuba gear I could slide right through this thing!
即使带着潜水装备,我也能从这里滑过去!
Soon I’m off into another room.
很快我就要去另一个房间了。
This used to be stateroom where a member of the crew slept.
这以前是一个船员睡觉的舱房。
Rustcicles hang from a doorway.
门口上挂满了铁锈。
And hanging vertically from the sideways floor?
从侧面垂直悬挂?
A bath rub!
一个浴缸!
I hop in the tub for a quick rust bath, and then Todd and I head back out into daylight.
我跳到浴缸里去快快地洗个铁锈澡,然后我和托德又回到阳光下。
David is swimming along the hull, which is completely encrusted in zebra mussels, a small invasive mollusk that grows on everything in the St. Lawrence these days.
大卫正沿着船身游动,船身完全被斑马贻贝所覆盖,斑马贻贝是一种小的侵入性软体动物,现在生长在圣劳伦斯的任何地方。
Finally, getting low on air, it’s time to head back to the surface.
终于要没有氧气了,该返回海面了。
Whew!
呼!
Wow!
哇!
The really confusing thing about that wreck is that it’s on its side, so everything is discombobulated.
那艘沉船真正令人困惑的地方在于它是侧向一边的,所以一切都不协调。
The floors are the walls and the walls are the floors and the ceilings.
地板是墙壁,墙壁是地板和天花板。
And when you are swimming though it, it doesn’t make any sense at all.
你在游泳时,这一切变得说不通了。
It completely throws your brain for a loop, but a very interesting dive visually.
完全不符合逻辑,但在视觉上是非常有趣的潜水
We leave the mooring and head off to another wreck.
我们离开停泊处,前往另一艘沉船。
Approaching Dark Island, home of Singer Castle, we slow and prepare to dive the wreck of the America.
在接近辛格城堡所在的暗岛时,我们放慢速度,准备潜入美国号沉船。
The America was a drill barge that sank 1932 due to an accidental explosion of dynamite it was carrying.
美国号是一艘钻井船,1932年由于装载的炸药意外爆炸而沉没。
Several people were killed in the explosion.
几人在爆炸中丧生。
David, Todd and I jump into the water and head down to the sea floor.
我、大卫和托德跳进水里,朝海底游去。
In the shallows we find the anchor chain, and follow it over and down to the wreck.
在浅水处,我们找到了锚链,然后沿着它一直游到沉船那里。
Once we reach the wreck, David directs us towards the stern, where the explosion happened.
我们一到沉船那,大卫就把我们引向船尾,爆炸就发生在那里。
As we approach the stern, it gets deeper and darker.
当我们接近船尾时,它变得又深又暗。
At 75 feet, we encounter the props.
在75英尺处,我们遇到了支撑物。
Because the ship is upside-down, the props are sticking straight up.
因为船是颠倒放置的,所以支撑物是直立的。
David and I maneuver for shots while Todd backlights the props with his video lights.
托德用他的视频灯照亮支撑物时,我和大卫进行拍摄。
Next we drop over the side, down towards the sea floor.
下一步我们从边上朝着海底向下游。
Hanging off the bottom of the wreck, which is actually the deck, is a huge rusty winch, wound with steel cable.
悬挂在沉船底部(实际是甲板)上的是一个巨大的生锈绞盘,缠绕着钢缆。
I poke my head into the engine room door and have a look around.
我把头伸进机舱门,环顾四周。
As this was a steam engine, it had furnaces for the boilers.
因为这是一台蒸汽机,所以带有锅炉用的炉子。
One of the furnaces is open and I can clearly see the bricks lining the inside.
其中一个炉子开着,我能清楚地看到里面衬着的砖。
This is where coal was burned to boil water to make steam for the engine.
这是用煤烧开水,以便为引擎提供蒸汽的地方。
The black soot from the fire is still visible even after 80 years on the bottom of the river!
大火留下的黑烟在河底过了80年后,依然清晰可见!
I head out of the engine room, up the line to the chain and back to the mooring line.
我从机舱出来,沿着缆绳到链条那,再回到系泊缆绳的地方。
My exploration of both the Keystorm and the America offered a fascinating glimpse into history.
对Keystorm号和美国号的探索,让我略见了历史惊鸿。
Shipwrecks are time capsules of history.
沉船是历史的时间胶囊。
The moment they sink, out of sight to the rest of the world, they stop changing with the world above.
它们下沉时,在世人都看不到的地方,它们却并未随着上面的世界而改变。
Although they eventually rust away and disappear, in the meantime they allow divers to travel back in time, if only for an hour, to a world of the past.
虽然它们最终会生锈消失,但它们也让潜水员能够返回过去的世界,哪怕只有一个小时。