Conversation A
对话A
Taylor: Did you play lacrosse in Taipei, Alex?
泰勒:阿莱克斯,你在台北打过网棒球吗?
Alex: No. I only learned about lacrosse in the US.
阿莱克斯:没有,我在美国才知道有网棒球这种运动。
Taylor: So it's still a new sport in Taipei.
泰勒:所以这种运动在台北还是一项新的运动。
Alex: Yes. I introduced it to my cousin, and now he loves it!
阿莱克斯:是啊,我把这项运动介绍给我的表弟,现在他很喜爱这项运动!
Taylor: Why do you like lacrosse?
泰勒:你为什么喜欢网棒球?
Alex: It's a challenging game. Players need good skills and must play as a team.
阿莱克斯:这是个具有挑战性的运动。球员必须要有纯熟的技巧,团队也必须一起合作。
Taylor: So they work together to score goals.
泰勒:所以他们要合作才能得分。
Alex: Right.
阿莱克斯:没错。
Conversation B
对话B
Linda: What are you doing, James?
琳达:詹姆斯,你在做什么?
James: I'm reading interesting facts about lacrosse. It is the fastest game played on two feet in the world!
詹姆斯:我在看有关网棒球的趣味知识。这竟然是全世界用双脚玩的运动当中速度最快的一项!
Linda: That's interesting.
琳达:真有趣。
James: Native Americans have played it for hundreds of years.
詹姆斯:美洲原住民打这种球已经有好几百年的历史了。
Linda: I didn't know that.
琳达:这我还真不知道。
James: Now lacrosse is played all over the world. Alex told me there is even a team in Taiwan now.
詹姆斯:现在,在世界各地都有人打网棒球。阿莱克斯跟我说现在台湾也有一支球队了。
Linda: That's great!
琳达:太棒了!