地点:莫妮卡公寓的客厅
人物:老友六人
事件:罗斯买了一条新皮裤,穿上很滑稽,钱德勒拼命忍住不做评论。
剧情片段
Chandler: Ross is wearing leather pants! Does nobody else see that Ross is wearing leather pants? Someone comment on① the pants!1
钱德勒:罗斯穿了条皮裤!你们没看见罗斯穿了条皮裤吗?没人评价一下这皮裤吗!
Rachel: I think they’re very nice.2
瑞秋:我觉得挺好看的。
Monica: I like ’em.②
莫妮卡:我挺喜欢的。
Joey: Yeah!
乔伊:是啊!
Monica: I like them a lot.
莫妮卡:我特别喜欢这条皮裤。
Chandler: That’s not what I had in mind ! See, people like Ross don’t generally wear these types of pants. You see, they’re very tight. Maybe there’s something in that area.
钱德勒:我可不是这么想的。像罗斯这种人通常不会穿这种类型的裤子。你们看,这里太紧了。对这个部位你们也没什么想说的吗?
Ross: Oh see, I–I needed a new thing for today and there’s this leather store that I go by③ always smells so good and I thought to myself, “Wow, I never owned④ a really good smelling pair of pants before.”
罗斯:哦,你看,我,我今天需要尝试一些新的东西,然后有一家我总是路过的皮衣店,那里的味道一直很好闻,然后我就想:“我之前从来没买过一条闻着很香的裤子。”
Chandler: Oh come on!3
钱德勒:我受不了了!
Ross: Okay, seriously, what do you think ⑤?
罗斯:行了,说真的,你们觉得怎么样?
Joey: You look like a freak.4
乔伊:你像个变态。
Rachel: Awful, absolutely awful.
瑞秋:太难看了,难看死了。