Self-esteem as I mentioned earlier is much higher for a person committed to excellence.
就如同我之前说的 追求卓越的人的自尊相比起来更高
And as Nathaniel Branden said, self concept is destiny; beliefs become self-fulfilling prophecies.
而且如纳撒尼尔·布兰登所说 自我知觉是终点 而信念变成自我实现预言
If I believe in myself, if I think I can succeed, if I have the track record to show
如果我相信我自己 如果我认为我能成功 如果我的过去
that I get up after falling down, I'm much more likely to succeed over time.
有跌倒之后又爬起来的经历 那我就更可能成功
Did I mention this before? Oh. OK. Good.
我以前讲过这个吗 好的
Because it is important. There is no other way to succeed.
因为这很重要 要成功没有别的方式
You are at "the Luck Factor", the fantastic work by Wiseman, UK professor.
你们读到了“运气的因素” 英国的怀斯曼教授极为优秀的作品
And what he talks about, one of the causes of having more luck in our lives
他所说的是 比别人有更多运气的原因
seems like a mystical thing, but actually can be shown scientifically.
似乎是一件很神秘的事情 但其实也是可以用科学方法解释的
One of the ways of having more luck in our lives is to try new things, little things,
其中一个有更好运气的方法便是尝试新事情、小事情
even when you walk back to your dining hall after class.
即使是你课后去食堂的路上
Take a slightly different path, as opposed to the path that has already been taken by you every single day.
找一条和你每天所走的那条路有些许不同的路线
And he says these little changes in our lives, these slight deviations from a straight narrow actually
而他说这些小事就可以改变我们的生活 这些小小的对于直线方式的偏离实际上
lead to higher levels of luck, because we begin to see things that we haven't seen before.
能带来更多的幸运 因为我们开始看见以前没见过的东西
Perfectionist-one way; no deviations, no improvisation, no spontaneity.
完美主义者 只有一条路 没有偏离 没有进步 没有自发性
This very often prevents us from being "luckier".
这些时常都让我们变得不那么“幸运”
Creativity-Simonton: the most successful, the most creative scientist
说到创造力 西蒙顿说:那些历史上最成功、最有创造力的科学家
and artist throughout the history are ones that fail the most.
和艺术家都是那些失败得最多的