But we've not done yet.
但我们还没有结束。
Because it's my pleasure today to announce Mac OS X.
因为今天我还要很荣幸地向大家介绍Mac OS X。
This is I hope also going to blow you away.
这也是我希望会让你们感到大吃一惊的内容。
We are announcing Mac OS X here today. I'd like to go over the goals for Mac OS X.
我们今天在这里介绍Mac OS X。我想回顾一下Mac OS X的目标。
First, we are going to have a single OS strategy at Apple.
首先,我们将在苹果产品上采用单一操作系统战略。
We're not going to have a duel or a triple or quadruple OS strategy like some others.
我们不会像其他公司那样,使用一种双重或三重或四重的操作系统策略。
We're going to have one OS and that's very important to us.
我们将会有一个操作系统,这对我们来说非常重要。
The second is the Mac OS needs state-of-the-art plumbing.
第二点,Mac OS需要最先进的设备。
We need the best operating system kernel technology, the best internet networking in the world.
我们需要最好的操作系统内核技术,世界上最好的互联网网络。
Right? We need the best plumbing of any operating system out there.
对吧?我们需要最好的操作系统。
Third, we need killer graphics.
第三点,我们需要杀手级的图像。
Almost every app depends on graphics,
几乎所有的应用程序都依赖于图像,
whether its design and publishing apps for our pro customers, down to things that we use every day.
无论是为我们的专业客户设计和发布的应用程序,还是我们每天使用的应用程序。
We need killer graphics in the system.
在这个系统中我们需要杀手级的图像。
And we need to design it for the internet from the start.
我们需要从一开始就为互联网设计。
We need to design it in a way that most users who are always plugged into the Internet get full benefits.
我们需要设计一种方式,让大多数经常上网的用户都能得到充分的好处。
We need to design in such a way that we use internet standards throughout and we've done that.
我们需要以始终使用互联网标准这样一种方式来设计,我们已经做到了这一点。
And we need a gentle migration, because we have 25 million users using our current generation operating systems.
我们需要完成一个平缓的迁移,因为我们有2500万用户在使用我们当前的操作系统。
So these were the goals for Mac OS X.
以上这些就是Mac OS X的目标。
But to sum it up, it was make the next great personal computer operating system.
但总而言之,目标就是打造一个出色的个人电脑操作系统。