Sounds like you have a bad cold, Don.
听起来你像是患了重感冒,唐。
Do you need some cough medicine?
需要些咳嗽药吗?
Nope.
不用。
Tylenol?
泰诺呢?
No thanks.
不,谢谢。
Don't you want anything to help you feel better?
你不想吃药来缓解一下症状吗?
I don't need help, Yael. All this sniffling, sneezing, and coughing are doing the work forme.
我不需要帮助,雅艾尔。流鼻涕,打喷嚏和咳嗽都在帮我治疗。
But doesn't that make you feel worse?
但是难道这样你不会觉得更难受吗?
There's more than one way to look at sneezing and coughing.
看待打喷嚏和咳嗽可不能只用一种方式。
They can be symptoms, in which case your first reaction is to try to "cure" them with all sorts of pills and syrups.
它们可以是症状,在这种情况下,你的第一反应是用各种药片和药水进行治疗。
Or, you can see them as the body's natural defense system.
而另外一方面,你可以将它们视作身体的自然防御系统。
It's called Darwinian medicine.
它被称为达尔文医学。
You mean like survival of the fittest?
就是说像适者生存之类的?
Not exactly.
也不完全是。
Darwinian medicine tries to find evolutionary explanations for why we get sick.
达尔文医学试图从进化论角度解释我们为什么会生病。
It also tries to figure out how and why we respond to sickness.
它也试图找出我们如何以及为什么应对疾病。
译文来自可可英语