Suddenly the girl said, 'Do you like movies?'
女孩儿突然问道:“你喜欢电影吗?”
'Movies? Yes, I love movies,' he said. 'Why?'
“电影?是的,我喜欢电影。”他回答道,“为什么问我这个?”
'I know a man, and he -- he loves movies, and going to the cinema,' she said slowly. 'People call him "Mr Hollywood".' She smiled at Nick. 'Can I call you "Mr Hollywood" too?'
“我认识一个人,他——他喜欢电影,也喜欢去电影院,”她不慌不忙地说道,“人们都叫他‘好莱坞先生’。”她冲尼克笑了笑,“我也叫你‘好莱坞先生’可以吗?”
Nick laughed. 'OK', he said. 'And what can I call you?'
尼克笑了。“可以,”他说道,“那我怎么称呼你呢?”
She smiled again. 'Call me Mystery Girl,' she said.
她又笑了。“叫我神秘女孩儿吧。”她说道。
'That's a good name for you,' said Nick.
“这个名字挺适合你的。”尼克说道。
Just then, the man with white hair came into the café. He did not look at Nick or the girl, but he sat at a table near them. He asked the waiter for some breakfast, then he began to read a magazine.
就在这时,那个白发男人进了咖啡馆。他没有看尼克和那个女孩儿,但坐在了离他们不远的一张桌子旁。他向服务员要了一些早餐,接着开始看一本杂志。
The girl looked at the man, then quickly looked away again.
女孩儿看了看那个男的,目光又迅速地转到了一旁。
'Do you know him?' Nick asked her.
“你认识他吗?”尼克问她。
'No,' she said. She finished her coffee quickly and got up. 'I must go now,' she said.
“不认识。”她回答。她迅速喝完了咖啡,站起身来。“我现在得走了。”她说道。
Nick stood up, too. 'Nice to -' he began.
尼克也站了起来。“很高兴——”他开口说道。
But the girl suddenly took his face between her hands, and kissed him on the mouth. 'Drive carefully, Mr Hollywood. Goodbye,' she said, with a big, beautiful smile. Then she turned and walked quickly away.
但是女孩儿突然用手捧住尼克的脸,吻了他的嘴唇。“开车小心点儿,好莱坞先生。再见!”女孩儿带着甜甜的微笑说,然后转过身迅速离去了。
Nick sat down again and watched her. She walked down the road and into a big hotel.
尼克又坐了下来,注视着她。她沿着马路走进了一家大酒店。
'Now what,' thought Nick, 'was that all about?'
“这是……”尼克想道,“这都是怎么回事?”