"All right, we are on our way."
“好的,我们马上就到。”
"You guys hand up and say cheese."
“大家都把手举起来,一起喊‘茄子’。”
The marathon generates millions of dollars in charity donations every year.
每年的马拉松都会带来数百万美元的慈善捐款。
Just the one charity I ran for, Fred's Team, raised over five million dollars for cancer research.
就我参加的那次“Fred's Team”慈善马拉松就筹集到了500多万美元的癌症研究基金。
"All right, we started, we just..."
“好吧,我们开始了,我们已经……”
Often times when you're talking about marathon, people ask, 'Why is it 26.2 miles?'
很多时候,当你谈到马拉松的时候时,总会有人问,‘马拉松赛程为什么是26.2英里?’
There's a good reason for that.
这一数字背后是有充分的理由的。
It's the distance between Marathon in Greece and Athens.
因为26.2英里恰好就是希腊的马拉松和雅典两个地方之间的距离。
There was a battle that the Greeks fought against the Persians in Marathon.
曾经,希腊人与波斯人在马拉松这个地方打起来了。
And a guy named by Pheidippides, he ran all the way back to Athens to bring the news.
为了传递胜利的喜讯,一个叫菲迪皮德斯的人一路跑回了雅典。
Unfortunately for those of us running the marathon, Pheidippides died at the end of this run.
然而,对于我们这些跑马拉松的人来说,不幸的是,菲迪皮德斯跑回雅典就倒地不起了。
Regardless the popularity of marathon running has exploded.
尽管如此,马拉松赛的人气却是越来越火爆了。
"I just gonna get high-five from children." "okay."
“我要跟孩子们击掌了。”“好吧。”
So I wanted to know why do people run the marathon.
所以,我就很好奇,大家为什么要跑马拉松。
"I've just completed a World Record for most marathons across 7 continents in one year.
“我刚刚创下了一年之内,在7大洲参加马拉松赛参赛次数最多的世界纪录。
Having run 160 marathons finishing up in April at Boston.
算上四月份的波士顿马拉松,我一共跑完了160场。
So I do it, basically, to inspire the next generation.
我这样做,主要是为了鼓舞下一代的年轻人。
And...in memory of my mom and step-mom.
也是为了.纪念我的妈妈和后妈。
Who both were lost to cancer."
她们都是因为癌症去世的。”
"What's your name?"
“你叫什么名字?”
"Trent Morrow. Sydney, Austrilia."
“特伦特·莫罗,来自澳大利亚悉尼。”
"We're about nine miles in, my shins are starting to feel like,
“我们已经跑了差不多9英里了,我的小腿已经……
but you know the energy of the crowd is probably get power through."
但你懂的,大家的情绪都很高,我应该能坚持到最后。”
"My name is Jenny and I'm from Queen, born and raised in Queens.
“我叫珍妮,来自皇后区,我出生和成长的地方都是皇后区。
I love to run.
我喜欢跑步。
I've been running since I was 18."
我从18岁起就开始跑了。”
"My name is Carrie, I'm from Chicago and I want to stay in shape."
“我叫凯利,来自芝加哥,我(跑马拉松是因为我)想保持身材。”
"My name is Hasik, I know that I can."
“我叫哈西克,(我跑马拉松是因为)我知道我可以。”
"Where are you from?"
“你是哪里的?”
"I'm from Philadelphia."
“我是费城的。”
There's also an entire constellation of health reasons to run regularly which marathon training makes you do.
要跑马拉松你肯定得定期锻炼对吧,定期锻炼还能给大家的健康带来一系列的好处。
"For between mile 20 and 21, this is the part of the races that is absolutely sxxt..."
“第20英里到21英里之间这一段,绝对是整个比赛过程中最XX的……”
"My name is Salarrow."
“我叫萨拉罗。”
"And where you from?"
“你是哪里人?”
"I'm from Argentina.
“我是阿根廷人。
"And why do you run?"
“你为什么来跑马拉松?”
"I just wanted to run a marathon and if I going to go, it will be."
“因为我就是想跑一次,只要我想,我就会去做。”
"You can make it?"
“能跑完吗?”
"Yeah, I'm going to make it."
“能,我会跑完的。”
So why did I run the marathon?
那我为什么要跑马拉松呢?
I wanted to see if I could do it.
因为我就是想看看我究竟能不能跑完。
I wanted to see if it would bring my wife Amy and I even closer.
我想看看跑马拉松能不能让我和妻子艾米变得更亲近。
And I wanted to know if the regular training would help improve my mood like several studies suggested.
我也想知道,定期训练是否真的像那些研究说的那样能改善我的情绪。
It did.
事实表明,真的能。