The weather's really in your face in New Orleans.
新奥尔良的天气特别上头。
It is a character in the play of New Orleans.
简直称得上是新奥尔良的一大戏精。
This instrument, the weather warlock, is an audio mirror of the sunrise and sunset,
这个装置名为“天气魔术师”,它是一个模拟日出日落的有声镜子,
so, theoretically, a blind person could experience the sunrise and sunset through audio, in real time.
从理论上讲,盲人是可以通过声音实时感受日出日落的。
My name is Quintron; it's not my real name; it's a given musician's name.
我的名字叫昆特隆;这不是我的真名;是我的艺名。
I definitely consider myself, first and foremost, to be a musician,
我对我自己的首要定位绝对是音乐家,
but I'm also a builder and inventor of electronic musical instruments,
但我同时也是电子乐器的制作者和发明家,
and the device that we're talking about today is called the weather warlock,
我们今天要说的这个乐器叫“天气魔术师”,
which is weather-controlled analog synth.
它是一个由天气控制的模拟合成器。
Right now, we're hearing the sun just start to activate the UV sensors on the outdoor sensor unit.
现在,我们听到的是太阳刚刚开始激活室外传感器单元上的紫外线传感器的声音。
That puttering sound is the sound of that sensor just starting to get enough light to sonically activate it.
那个摇晃的声音就是传感器刚刚开始获得足够的光来以声音方式激活它的声音。
It's using the weather to create music.
这就是一个利用天气来创作音乐的装置。
There's no microphones; there's no, it's not the sound of rain.
它没有麦克风;没有,这也不是雨声。
There are two components: an inside set of brains, which is the synthesizer part, and an outdoor set of sensors.
这个装置主要有两个组成部分,一个是内部的一套“大脑”,也就是合成器的部分,还有就是室外的传感器。
There is a temperature sensor, which is effecting the speed of the drone, this drone.
有一个温度传感器,它可以改变无人机的速度,就是这个无人机。
There is a set of wind speed controlled sensors,
还有一套风速控制的传感器,
the faster the wind blows, the faster they activate these two notes.
风刮得越快,它们激活这两个音符的速度就越快。
There is a moisture sensor, or rain, or humidity or snow.
还有一个湿度传感器,能感受雨,湿度还有雪。
And the last one would be the sky sensor, which is a sensor at the top, a little periscope that's aiming at the sky.
最后一个是天空传感器,这个传感器在最上面,它也是一个瞄准天空的小潜望镜。
So you can play it like an instrument, too, you can just let it do it's thing,
这个装置也能像乐器一样演奏,你可以让它自己发出声音,
but I can also, you know, change the timbre of the drone.
但我也可以,你懂的,改变无人机的音色。
So, sunrise is officially over, according to the weather warlock.
从天气魔术师的情况来看,日出已经正式结束了。
And everyone else.
天也黑了。
Check one, two.
试音,一,二。
Good evening, you are tuned into weatherfortheblind.org broadcasting, as usual, out of New Orleans, Louisiana.
晚上好,您现在收听的是weatherfortheblind.org频道,这里是路易斯安那州的新奥尔良市。
The weather warlock has become a live, 24/7, online musical feed.
天气魔术师已经成了一个24/7的全天候在线音乐直播频道。
Sunrise was at 5:15 this morning, and sunset happening now, as you can hear, according to our UV sensors.
今天早晨的日出时间是5点15分,我们的紫外线传感器显示,现在正好是日落时分,大家应该听到了吧。
This hasn't made me see a sunset differently.
这个发明并没有让我看到不一样的日落。
You can just hear it now.
但它让大家能听日落了。