Now embracing "we" doesn't absolve you from the responsibility to lead.
现在接受“我们”的力量并不会免除你们引领社会的责任。
This world needs its young people to lead and to lead by example.
这个世界需要年轻人来引领,需要年轻人以身作则。
To walk that walk, and to do that work. So confound expectations.
走该走的路,做该做的工作。所以把理想先放一边吧。
Inspire others! Don't let anybody ever define who you are and what you can be.
去激励他人吧!不要让任何人来定义你是谁,你可以成为什么样的人。
It's not always going to be easy. Life is not a reality show. That's reality.
那并不总是一件容易的事。生活不是真人秀,而是现实。
Look: you, me -- we are New Jersey.
瞧,你,我,我们都是新泽西人。
Here it's all about "we": in fact, in this state we can't even pump gas by ourselves.
这儿的一切都跟“我们”有关。事实上,在新泽西州我们甚至都无法自己给车加油。
And here in this state, we've got the parkway, we've got the turnpike.
在这个州,我们有林荫大道,有收费公路。
What we have here is a lot of mile markers.
我们这里有很多里程标记。
Here, people say, "What exit are you from?"
在这里,人们会问,“你从哪个出口过来的?”
Your diploma: it's a mile marker.
至于你们的文凭,它是一个里程标记。
It's a measurement of how far you can go, it's a measurement of how far you've come,
它可以测量你能够走多远,测量你已经走了多远,
but it doesn't say a thing about how far your future can take you.
但它对未来可以带你走多远却一无所知。
Your diploma is an anointment, a calling, a charge
你们的文凭是一种使命,是一声召唤,是一份责任,
to use the talents you've nurtured and the knowledge you've gained here to make a contribution.
要求你们利用在这里培养的才华和学到的知识去做贡献。