want to curl up and die 羞愧得想死
I was so embarrased; I wanted to curl up and die.
我真的很羞愧,只想找个地缝钻进去。
take umbrage at sth 认为受到冒犯(或羞辱)
He took umbrage at the idea that he wasn't qualified for the job.
“他不够资格胜任这个个工作”的看法把他惹毛了。
take offence 认为受到侮辱,冒犯
I take offence at the idea that I'm not a real Canadian because I'm not white.
因为我不是白人而认为我不是加拿大人,这个看法把我惹毛了。
I take offence whenever people try to white my skin in photos.
他们把我的照片修白皮肤;我认为这是在侮辱我。
leave a bad/nasty taste in the mouth 使后来感到厌恶(或羞耻);留下坏印象
My recent breakup left a bad taste in my mouth.
我最近这次失恋让我觉得很羞耻。
Failing my exam left a nasty taste in my mouth.
考试没过让我觉得很羞耻。
add insult to injury 伤害之余又侮辱,(冒犯别人)令关系恶化
Not only did she break up with me, but to add insult to injury, I found out she is now dating my best friend.
她不止是甩了我,而且还侮辱我--她竟然跟我最好的朋友在一起了。