Sighing, Renly half turned in the saddle.
蓝礼叹了口气,微微转身,
"What am I to do with this brother of mine, Brienne?
“我要拿这个老哥怎么办呢,布蕾妮?
He refuses my peach, he refuses my castle, he even shunned my wedding..."
他拒绝了我的桃子,拒绝了我的城堡,甚至还不肯来参加我的婚礼……”
"We both know your wedding was a mummer's farce.
“好了,你我都心知肚明,你那婚礼不过是出拙劣的闹剧。
A year ago you were scheming to make the girl one of Robert's whores."
一年前你还计划让那女孩变成劳勃的又一个婊子。”
"A year ago I was scheming to make the girl Robert's queen," Renly said,
“一年前我计划让那女孩成为劳勃的王后,”蓝礼说,
"but what does it matter? The boar got Robert and I got Margaery.
“可这有什么关系?野猪带走了劳勃而我带走了玛格丽。
You'll be pleased to know she came to me a maid."
她嫁给我时还是个处女,你该替我高兴才是。”
"In your bed she's like to die that way."
“和你同床,她宁肯选择劳勃的下场。”
"Oh, I expect I'll get a son on her within the year.
“啊,是嘛,跟你说,我期望和她今年便来个胖小子哦。
Pray, how many sons do you have, Stannis? Oh, yes—none."
天哪,你有几个儿子,史坦尼斯?啊,不错——一个也没有。”
Renly smiled innocently. "As to your daughter, I understand.
蓝礼无邪地笑道。“至于你女儿的事嘛,我其实挺理解的。
If my wife looked like yours, I'd send my fool to service her as well."
如果我老婆长得跟你老婆一样丑,那我也宁可叫个弄臣去服侍她。”
"Enough!" Stannis roared.
“够了!”史坦尼斯咆哮起来,
"I will not be mocked to my face, do you hear me? I will not!"
“我绝不允许谁当面侮辱我,你听清楚了没?我绝不允许!”
He yanked his longsword from its scabbard.
他猛然抽出长剑。
The steel gleamed strangely bright in the wan sunlight, now red, now yellow, now blazing white.
在苍白的目光下,剑身闪着诡异的光芒,一会儿红,一会儿黄,又一会儿变成炽烈的白芒。
The air around it seemed to shimmer, as if from heat.
就连周遭的空气也似乎感应到剑刃四射的热力,跟着变换发光。
Catelyn's horse whinnied and backed away a step, but Brienne moved between the brothers, her own blade in hand.
凯特琳的坐骑嘶叫着退开一步。布蕾妮则策马插进兄弟之间,拨剑在手,
"Put up your steel!" she shouted at Stannis.
“把剑放下!”她呼喝史坦尼斯。
Cersei Lannister is laughing herself breathless, Catelyn thought wearily.
只怕瑟曦要笑得喘不过气来,凯特琳无力地想。
Stannis pointed his shining sword at his brother.
史坦尼斯提起闪亮的宝剑,指着他的弟弟。
"I am not without mercy," thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.
“我不是个严酷寡恩的人,”这个以严酷寡恩举世著称的人大吼。
"Nor do I wish to sully Lightbringer with a brother's blood.
“我也不想用亲兄弟的鲜血来玷污‘光明使者’的剑刃。
For the sake of the mother who bore us both, I will give you this night to rethink your folly, Renly.
为着哺育我们的母亲的缘故,今晚上我就给你最后一次机会反省你的过错,蓝礼。
Strike your banners and come to me before dawn,
降下叛旗,在天亮之前投效于我,
and I will grant you Storm's End and your old seat on the council and even name you my heir until a son is born to me.
我将封你为风息堡公爵,并保留你在御前会议中的重臣席位,甚至在我儿子出生前,我仍旧把你指定为我的继承人。
Otherwise, I shall destroy you."
你若不照办,别怪我不客气。”
Renly laughed. "Stannis, that's a very pretty sword, I'll grant you, but I think the glow off it has ruined your eyes.
蓝礼大笑,“史坦尼斯,你这宝剑可真漂亮,我很羡慕你,不过我怀疑这玩意儿的光芒是不是影响你的视力。
Look across the fields, brother. Can you see all those banners?"
你仔细看看前方的平原,老哥。看到那些旗帜了吗?”
"Do you think a few bolts of cloth will make you king?"
“你以为几根裹着毛料的杆子就能让你称王?”