Get enough shut-eye.
好好睡一觉。
Just as short changing your sleep can make you grumpy, making time for sleep can boost your mood.
就像短暂改变睡眠会让你脾气暴躁一样,抽出时间睡觉也能提升你的心境。
"A lot of people know that sleep is good," says Adam Krause, a psychology fellow and doctoral candidate at UC Berkeley,
“很多人都知道睡眠很好,”加州大学伯克利分校的心理学研究员和博士生亚当·克劳斯说,
"but some are forced to sacrifice sleep because they have other things taking up their time."
“但有些人被迫牺牲睡眠,因为有其他事情占用他们的时间。”
In fact, Ian and I tried to get more sleep during the course, but our busy lifestyles made it difficult.
事实上,我和伊恩试着在上课时多睡一会儿,但我们繁忙的生活方式让这变得很难做到。
To conclude the course, Ian and I each had to commit to a happiness promoting activity for four weeks.
为了完成这门课,我和伊恩每人都要参加一个为期四周的提升快乐的活动。
Ian decided to exercise more, and I decided to get more sleep.
伊恩决定多锻炼,我决定多睡一会儿。
The first week, Ian went to the gym four times.
第一周,伊恩去了四次健身房。
During his initial visit, he texted me a treadmill photo because he was so excited to be there.
他最初去健身房时,给我发了一张跑步机的照片,因为他很兴奋能去健身房。
That same week, I set an alarm to signal myself to get ready for bed.
就在同一周,我设置了一个闹钟,提醒自己去睡觉。
After a few days, I was so well-rested that I woke up earlier than usual
几天后,我得到了很好的休息,比平常醒得早,
to spend quality time with my teenage daughter while she got ready for school,
在我十几岁的女儿准备上学时和她一起度过了美好的时光,
and I was much more productive during the day.
我白天的工作效率也大大提高了。
The remainder of our four-week challenge didn't go as flawlessly, but when we kept up with our goals, we felt happier.
我们四周挑战的剩余时间过得并非完美无瑕,但当我们跟上设定的目标时,我们感到更快乐。
And we walked away from the experience with a desire to follow through on our commitments.
我们带着履行自己承诺的愿望结束了这段经历。
Ian bought a treadmill. And I still have an alarm that rings when it's bedtime.
伊恩买了一台跑步机,我还有一个闹钟会在睡觉时响起。
The idea that you can make incremental gains in happiness is "one of the reasons folks are so intrigued by the course," Santos says.
桑托斯说:“人们对这门课如此感兴趣的原因之一是,你可以在快乐中获得更多收益。
"You can work on it. In fact, you should."