手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 跟我学跟我做 > 正文

救生包里应该放什么?(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It has finally happened. Doomsday is upon us. But you are ready.

该来的终于还是来了。世界末日就要降临。不过你已经准备好了。

You peer out the window at the mass hysteria of the local populace and shake your head.

向窗外望去,看到当地民众都在歇斯底里地逃命,只能无奈地摇了摇头。

Although you are not a doomsday prepper, or conspiracy nut, you are practical and ready for anything.

虽然你不是什么末日生存者,或者阴谋论者,但你讲究实际,已经准备好应对任何状况。

You know how important it is to be prepared for any scenario, which is why you created a survival kit.

你知道为各种情况做好准备有多么重要,所以才做了一个救生包。

gwx04.jpg

What goes into the survival kit was a difficult decision to make, but you did a lot of research and planning.

救生包里放什么物品是一个艰难的决定,但你已经做了很多研究和规划。

Now you are ready for almost anything, except for giant Kaiju, can anyone really be ready for giant monsters from a different dimension?

现在你已经准备好应对几乎所有状况了,除了对抗巨型怪兽,真的有人准备好能对付来自不同维度的巨型怪兽吗?

You are no stranger to different ways our society could fall apart, or scenarios that could cause the world as we know it to come to an end.

我们的社会可能以各种方式分崩离析,或者可能导致我们所知的世界走向毁灭的场景,大家对此并不陌生。

You’ve watched all of The Infographic Show’s videos because they are super interesting, fun, and educational.

你们已经看过了图形信息秀的所有视频,因为这些视频非常有趣,搞笑,而且有教育意义。

You know it's true! You’ve come across videos about how to survive a homeland invasion, a zombie apocalypse, and nuclear winter.

这一点毋庸置疑!相信大家已经看过一些关于如何在国土入侵、僵尸末日和核冬天中生存下来的视频。

You are ready.

你都准备好了。

But one thing that’s needed in all crisis scenarios is a survival kit.

但有一样物品在所有危机情况下都需要,那就是救生包。

You did a lot of research into what goes into a survival kit, just to make sure you are prepared for anything.

你做了很多关于救生包的研究,只是为了确保对任何事情都做足了准备。

The first thing you realized while gathering data was that you need the correct container.

在收集数据时,你意识到,第一件事是需要找一个适合的容器。

Something secure and easy to carry.

安全、易携带的容器。

You settle on a hiking backpack, but a duffle bag could work just as well.

可以选择一个徒步旅行背包,不过一个行李袋也没问题。

Your backpack is durable, waterproof, and easy to carry around with you wherever you go.

背包耐用,防水,无论去哪里都可以随身携带。

You also make sure that each item in your survival kit is in an airtight plastic bag.

还要确保救生包里的每件物品都装在一个密封的塑料袋里。

This is to reduce the risk of anything getting wet or contaminated.

这是为了降低内部物品被弄湿或污染的风险。

The last thing you want in an emergency is soggy food or wet medicine.

在紧急情况下,最不想看到的就是湿漉漉的食物或药品。

You’ve given a lot of thought to what is the most likely doomsday scenario.

你已经设想过很多最有可能发生的世界末日场景。

But you decide that the world we live in is a crazy place, so you must be ready for anything, at all times.

但你认为我们生活的世界是一个疯狂的地方,所以必须随时准备好应对任何突发状况。

You make sure to maintain your kit and check on it’s contents at regular intervals.

要确保保养好你的救生包,并定期检查里面的物品。

You keep it easily accessible, in a cool dry place to ensure your canned food and other supplies are in optimal condition.

把它放在容易拿到的地方,放在阴凉干燥的地方,以确保你的罐头食品和其他用品处于最佳状态。

When checking your kit you always make sure to replace expired items.

检查救生包时,一定要确保及时替换过期的物品。

In an emergency it would be a real bummer to need pain killers and come to realize that they expired and aren’t effective anymore.

在紧急情况下,如果需要止痛药,却发现药品过期了,失效了,这多令人沮丧啊。

You also know that as new products become available, technology advances, and your family changes you may need to update your kit.

你们也知道,随着新产品的出现,技术的进步,家庭的变动,你可能需要及时更新救生包。

This is to ensure you have the supplies that are right for you.

这是为了确保你有合适的物资。

Everyone is different, but there are definitely items that every survival kit must include.

每个人都是不同的,但是每个救生包都必须包含一些工具。

At your house you keep the survival kit in an easily accessible location and make sure everyone in the family knows where it is.

在家里,你要把救生包放在一个方便取放的位置,并确保家里的每个人都知道它的位置。

You won’t always be around and you still want the people you care about to be safe.

你总有照顾不到的时候并且希望自己关心的人能安全。

You also keep a mini-survival kit at work.

你还在工作场所准备了一个迷你救生包。

You never know when a disaster will strike, that’s kind of a part of being a disaster.

因为没人能预测什么时候会发生灾难,这是灾难的特点之一。

Also, you make sure to keep a backup survival kit in your car,

此外,还要确保在车里有备用的救生包,

just in case you are driving and need to get the hell out of dodge right at that moment.

以防万一正在开车的时候,并且需要在那一刻从汽车中脱身。

It is time for one of your regularly scheduled survival kit check ups.

是时候对救生包进行例行检查了。

You pull the kit out of its easily accessible, but safe, spot and check the contents.

去方便取放且安全的位置把救生包拿出来,找到并检查里面的物品。

You make sure to carefully zip and unzip all plastic bags that contain each item.

一定要小心翼翼地拉上和拉开装有每个物品的塑料袋。

You know it is imperative to maintain the integrity and cleanliness of the survival kit.

要知道保持救生包的完整和清洁是非常必要的。

Nothing gets in and nothing gets out without your say so.

没有本人的允许,不要随便放入或者拿出任何物品。

You first check your water supply.

首先需要检查饮用水。

This is potentially the most vital item in the survival kit.

这可能是求生装备中最重要的物品。

A human can go for more than three weeks with no food, but can only last three to four days without water.

一个人可以在不吃东西的情况下存活三周以上,但不喝水却只能存活三到四天。

It is important to have one gallon of water, per person, per day, for at least three days.

每人每天需要储备一加仑(3.8升)的水,并坚持至少三天,这一点十分重要。

Yes, you know that this will make your survival kit heavy, but it's better than dying of dehydration right?

没错,这会让求生包变得沉重,但总好过脱水而死,对吧?

You also make sure you have water purification tablets.

还要确保备着有净化水的药片。

If your water supply runs out you need to make sure you can clean any water you locate to keep from getting sick.

如果水供应不足,要确保可以清洁任何你所在地区的水源,以防止生病。

Unfortunately, harmful microbes love living and hiding in water.

不幸的是,有害微生物喜欢生活和藏匿在水中。

You go with iodine tablets because they are cheap and easy to find.

选择碘片吧,因为碘片既便宜又容易找到。

You take out the water and place it to the side.

把水拿出来,先放在一边。

Next you take inventory of your food.

接下来盘点一下食物。

You have three days worth of food, but in an emergency that could last you much longer.

包里有三天的食物,但在紧急情况下,可以维持更长的时间。

The food doesn’t take up quite as much space as the water.

食物占的空间没有饮用水大。

You only have non-perishable food, the bulk of which is rice, pasta, beans, and oats.

只保存不易腐烂的食物,大部分是大米、意大利面、豆类和燕麦。

These foods are full of nutrients that your body will need when in survival mode.

这些食物富含你的身体在生存模式中需要的营养物质。

They also won’t go bad any time soon.

它们也不会很快变质。

The rest of your sustenance is made up of canned foods that contain liquid, such as: tomatoes, beans, and tuna.

剩下的食物是罐装的液体食物,如:西红柿,豆类和金枪鱼。

The leftover liquids in the cans can always be used to cook your other foods like rice and pasta.

罐头里剩下的液体可以用来煮米饭和意大利面等其他食物。

This will help keep your water available for drinking and will give some flavor to what you’re eating.

这将有助于保留饮用水,还能给饮食增添一些别样的风味。

It’s a win win scenario.

一石二鸟,何乐不为。

Just make sure you pack a can opener.

一定要带开罐器。

No one wants to be seen bashing in a can of tomatoes with a rock.

谁都不想被人看到用石头砸一罐西红柿吧。

It would be a little embarrassing to say the least.

怎么说都觉得有点尴尬。

You know that you will need a radio to stay up to date on information and the weather.

你还需要一台收音机来了解最新的咨询和天气状况。

Many people just pack a standard battery powered radio,

许多人只带了一个标准的电池供电收音机,

but you have opted for the hand cranked NOAA weather radio with tone alert.

但你选择的是带提示音的手摇美国国家海洋和大气局(NOAA)天气收音机。

Sure it isn’t very sophisticated, but less batteries means less weight, and that’s ideal.

当然,这个没那么复杂,不过更少的电池意味着更轻的重量,很完美。

You just crank and go.

只要摇摇手柄就完事。

This way you can keep your batteries for your flashlight.

这样你就可以为手电筒保留电池了。

You never know when the power is going to go out and you’ll need to find your way in the dark.

你永远都难以料到什么时候会停电,你需要在黑暗中找到方向。

You put all the inventoried content to the side and take out the first aid kit.

把所有的物品放在一边,拿出救生包。

You want to make sure that this vital piece of equipment is fully stocked.

确保这个至关重要的设备都备齐了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
supply [sə'plai]

想一想再看

n. 补给,供给,供应,贮备
vt. 补给,供

联想记忆
airtight ['ɛətait]

想一想再看

adj. 密封的,不透气的,无懈可击的

联想记忆
mode [məud]

想一想再看

n. 方式,样式,模式,风格,时兴
n.

 
survive [sə'vaiv]

想一想再看

vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过

联想记忆
container [kən'teinə]

想一想再看

n. 容器,集装箱

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
alert [ə'lə:t]

想一想再看

adj. 警觉的,灵敏的
n. 警戒,警报

联想记忆
settle ['setl]

想一想再看

v. 安顿,解决,定居
n. 有背的长凳

 
dehydration [.di:hai'dreiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 脱水

 
dimension [di'menʃən]

想一想再看

n. 尺寸,次元,容积,维度,范围,方面
vt

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。