It's corn season and this is around the time that ears make their way upfield to spawn in the forest.
又到了玉米丰收的季节,这大概是玉米穗在森林里尽情产卵的时候。
You gotta catch them quick before... before they flop away to get to the forest.
你得快点抓住它们……不然等它们蹦进森林就来不及啦。
You won't have a chance to grab them.
到时候可就抓不住了。
"Shucking" - it's a fancy word for peeling, and how you shuck is a personal choice.
“去皮”是剥皮的高级说法,至于去皮的方法,你可以自行决定。
The traditional method is to grab the husk and shuck downward.
传统的方法是抓住外皮,向下扯。
Repeat this motion until the cob is husk-free.
重复这个动作直到得到一根没有皮的玉米。
You could also up-shuck it.
你也可以向上拉。
These methods are hard work and you end up shucking yourself silly, so consider trying the golf shuck.
不过这些方法都很费劲,弄到最后你看起来像个傻子一样,所以试试用高尔夫去皮法。
Corn!
玉米!
Or you can try playing shuck-minton.
或者你可以试试玉毛球去皮法。
Or you could use the comprehensive spinning wheel dual-momentum shuck system.
或者这种综合旋转轮双动力去皮系统。
Or you can bucket shuck it.
或者水桶去皮法。
You could throw it against a rock.
你也可以用岩石撞击去皮法。
Whoops, don't throw it against a rock.
啊哦,还是别忘石头上扔了。
Or if you're quick enough, you could do the Falcon Shuck.
如果你身手敏捷,你也可以使用鹰拳去皮法。
The Shuckatron 6™ is new technology that's based on particle theory and magic.
“去皮者第六代™”是一种基于粒子理论和魔法的新技术。
You just slide it through there and just make sure to wash the particles off of your corn after, cause particles aren't good for you.
你只要把玉米滑过去,然后别忘了洗掉玉米上的颗粒,因为这些颗粒对你不好。
And if you don't like corn on the cob, you can take a hammer and get corn off the cob.
如果不喜欢玉米上的玉米粒,你可以用锤子锤掉它们。
Or you can buy this corn I've been developing with Monsanto.
或者你可以买这种我和Monsanto公司联合开发的玉米。
It's, uh, "cob-less corn" and the way we make it is through genetic engineering.
这个叫“无芯玉米”,我们通过基因工程做出来的。
It's perfectly healthy and safe we're pretty sure.
非常健康,非常安全,我们非常确定。
Or you can try this corn sausage we've been making.
或者你可以试试这款玉米肠。
It looks and tastes like real turkey sausage.
无论是看起来还是吃起来都很像一根真正的火鸡香肠。
And the way we make that is by having a turkey a cob of corn.
我们制作这个的方法呢,是让火鸡把玉米给那啥了。
To cook the corn, a lot of people think you just fill a pot with water, boil the water, throw in the corn, add some salt, let it cook for a few minutes, and then it's done, and those people are correct.
讲到玉米的做法,很多人觉得只需要往锅里倒满水,把水煮开,把玉米扔进去加点盐,煮上几分钟,然后就完事了,他们是对的。
Applying butter to your corn is also a personal decision.
往玉米上加黄油也是个人选择。
Rookies will use a knife which is a sloppy way to go about it.
新手可能会用刀,搞得很邋遢。
And it leaves your corn tasting like butter and metal.
而且会让玉米拥有黄油和金属的双重味道。
This is the classic way, you just gently roll your cob in the butter until it's coated.
经典方法是这样的,你只需要让玉米在黄油上温柔地滚动,直到上面裹满黄油。
The more advanced way is to take a slab of butter and carve a corn hole into the side.
更高级的办法是准备一大块黄油,捅出一个玉米孔。
Slide the cob into the corn hole and twist it while moving it in and out until your cob is completely coated with butter.
把玉米伸进玉米孔,一边前后移动一边转动,直到玉米完全被黄油包裹。
If your corn hole isn't big enough, gently twist it with perseverance until it slides through easily.
如果你的玉米孔不够大,坚持不懈地温柔转动,直到玉米能轻松地滑过。
You could also stick butter onto some tongs, tape those to a broom handle and butter your corn from a distance.
你也可以把黄油放在夹子上,把夹子绑在扫帚把上,远距离为玉米涂抹黄油。
This is a great technique if you suffer from a strong fear of corn.
如果你深受对玉米的恐惧之苦,这是一项伟大的技术。
Buttered corn can be slippery, so be sure to attach a handle, like this 2.71a Philip Screwdriver.
涂好黄油的玉米非常滑,所以记得给它配个把手,比如这个型号2.71A的飞利浦螺丝刀。
I just made up the 2.71a part.
2.71a这个型号是我瞎编的。
But yeah, that's corn on the cob, and it's more delicious than corn on the log or corn in the bog, or corn on the saw, or corn on the dog, or corn in the fog, or corn on the job, or corn in the clog, or corn on Bob, or corn on the slob, which the same thing.
但是没错,那是玉米棒上的玉米,它比木头上的玉米、沼泽里的玉米、锯子上的玉米、狗狗上的玉米、雾里的玉米,或者工作上的玉米,或者泥巴上的玉米,鲍勃的玉米,或者懒惰上的玉米(这和前面那个是一样的)都更好吃。
Get your shit together Bob. Seriously.
振作起来啊鲍勃。说真的呢。
And it's obviously best eaten as on corn on the knob.
很明显,最好吃的就是门把手玉米。