手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-2级 > 正文

第2节:面试 The Interview

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Ms. Weaver is giving new assignments out.

韦弗女士正在布置新的任务。

I am ready to take on anything she gives me.

我准备好接受她给我的任何任务。

Well, except reporting traffic from a helicopter.

嗯,除了报告直升机上的交通情况。

Wish me luck.

祝我好运吧。

I wonder what Anna’s new assignment will be?

我想知道安娜的新任务是什么?

Professor Bot here!

博特教授来了!

While you are watching, look for phrasal, or two-word verbs.

当你在观看的时候,寻找短语动词或两个单词的动词。

Some stay together, like “go back”

有些词连在一起,比如“go back”

And some can come apart, like “give [assignments] out.”

还有一些词可以分开,比如“give [assignments] out”

Good luck, Anna!

祝你好运,安娜!

So, as I said at the meeting last week, I have new assignments for everyone at The Studio.

所以,就像我在上周的会议上所说的,我给工作室的每个人安排了新的任务。

Anna, you're good at asking questions.

安娜,你很会问问题。

So, I want you to go back to hosting and reporting.

所以,我希望你们回去继续主持和报道。

That sounds great.

听起来不错。

You're also a team player. So, I want you team up with someone ...

你也是个有团队精神的人。所以,我想让你找个人合作。

That sounds even better!

那听起来更好!

... someone who is very "different" from you.

一个与你非常“不同”的人。

That sounds ... what do you mean "different"?

听起来不错...你说的“不同”是什么意思?

Well, you are very cheerful, you're a people person.

嗯,你很开朗,是个善于交际的人。

I want you to team up with someone who ... isn't.

我想让你和一个不是那么...的人合作。

Ms. Weaver, I will find that person.

韦弗女士,我会找到那个人的。

Excuse me. Are you using this chair?

打扰了。你在用这把椅子吗?

Yes.

是。

Pete, hi! Thanks for meeting me.

皮特,嗨!谢谢你来见我。

Sure. But I don’t have lots of time, Anna. I’m busy looking for work.

当然。但我时间不多了,安娜。我正忙着找工作。

Pete, you can tear these want ads up and throw them away!

皮特,你可以把这些招聘广告撕了扔了!

I have good news!

我有个好消息!

Anna, I was working on that crossword puzzle.

安娜,我在做填字游戏。

Oh. Sorry. Sorry. Pete, forget about the crossword puzzle.

噢,抱歉,抱歉。皮特,忘了填字游戏吧。

I have a job offer for you!

我有一份工作要给你!

I'm listening.

我在听。

My boss wants me to team up with someone to host a talk show.

我的老板想让我和某人合作主持一个脱口秀节目。

But the person must be different from me.

但是这个人一定要和我不一样。

So, I thought of you.

所以,我想到了你。

Different from you? What do you mean?

和你不一样?是什么意思呢?

I'm sorry, Pete, I don't have time right now.

抱歉,皮特,我现在没有时间。

Here's my boss's address.

这是我老板的地址。

Your interview is tomorrow morning at 10 am.

你的面试是明天上午10点

But what do you mean “different”?

但是你说的“不同”是什么意思?

Just be yourself, Pete. Just be yourself.

做你自己就好,皮特。做你自己就好。

Did you find any two-word verbs?

你找到两个单词的动词了吗?

Here’s one example.

这里有一个例子。

Pete can throw the want ads away!

皮特可以扔掉招聘广告了!

Throw away is a two-word verb.

Throw away 是一个两个词的动词。

Thanks for coming in, Pete.

谢谢你能来,皮特。

Thanks for the opportunity, Ms. Weaver.

谢谢你给我这个机会,韦弗女士。

I need to find out if you have the skills for this job.

我需要知道你是否具备这份工作的技能。

And I want you to be completely honest.

我希望你完全诚实。

Okay.

好。

First, let's talk about your personal skills.

首先,我们来谈谈你的个人技能。

Pete, are you a people person?

皮特,你是个善于交际的人吗?

Well, okay, sometimes I think people talk too much.

嗯,好,有时候我觉得人们说得太多了。

Pete, what work of yours are you most proud of?

皮特,你做过什么工作最让你自豪?

Last year, I locked myself in a cabin and wrote a book.

去年,我把自己锁在一间小屋里,写了一本书。

I didn't speak to anybody the entire time!

我自始至终都没跟任何人说话!

It was the best two months of my life.

这是我生命中最美好的两个月。

Okay. I think I’ve heard enough.

好吧。我想我了解够了。

Hey! Hey, Pete, how was the interview with Ms. Weaver?

嘿! 嘿,皮特,韦弗女士的采访怎么样了?

Well, she said I was grumpy and not good with people.

她说我脾气暴躁,不善与人相处。

And … ?

还有...?

And, I got the job!

然后,我得到了这份工作!

I knew it! Congratulations! Let's go celebrate.

我就知道! 恭喜你! 我们去庆祝吧。

Okay!

好!

Did you find more two-word verbs? Here is the list.

你找到更多的两个词动词了吗? 这是词汇清单。

Go to the website to learn more.

前往网站了解更多信息。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
assignment [ə'sainmənt]

想一想再看

n. 分配,功课,任务,被指定的(课外)作业;(分派的)

联想记忆
cheerful ['tʃiəfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 高兴的,快乐的

 
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
weaver ['wi:və]

想一想再看

n. 织布者,织工

 
celebrate ['selibreit]

想一想再看

v. 庆祝,庆贺,颂扬

联想记忆
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接见,会见,面试,面谈
vt. 接见,采

 
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
tear [tiə]

想一想再看

n. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯
vt.

联想记忆
address [ə'dres]

想一想再看

n. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧

 
puzzle ['pʌzl]

想一想再看

n. 谜,难题,迷惑
vt. 使困惑,使为难<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。