手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

专注的魅力(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

All right, I'm going to go out on a limb here.

好,我直接开门见山了。

I'm going to say that every single one of us in this room made drawings when we were little. Yes? Yes? OK.

我想说在座的各位小时候都会画画。对吧?好。

And maybe around the age of like, four or five or something like that, you might have been drawing, and a grown-up came over and looked over your shoulder and said, "What's that?"

也许四、五岁时,你正在画画,一位大人探头看向你的画,问:“那是什么?”

And you said, "It's a face."

你回答说:“这是一张脸。”

And they said, "That's not really what a face looks like. This is what a face looks like."

大人又说:“你画的这不像脸,脸应该这样。”

And they proceeded to draw this.

接着画了这个:

Circle, two almonds for some eyes, this upside-down seven situation we have here, and then a curved line.

一个大圆圈,两颗杏仁代表眼睛,一个倒过来的“7”,然后画了一条曲线。

But guess what?

但是你猜到了吧?

This doesn't really look that much like a face, OK? It's an icon.

这其实没有很像脸好吧,这只是一个图示。

It's visual shorthand, and it's how we look at so much of our world today.

是简化过的图像,这是如今我们观察多数事物的方式。

See, we have so much information coming at us all the time, that our brains literally can't process it, and we fill in the world with patterns.

现在,资讯爆炸,大脑确实无法处理这么大的资讯量,所以我们试图将所见归类。

Much of what we see is our own expectations.

我们所看到的,多半来自我们的预设。

All right. I'm going to show you a little trick to rewire your brain into looking again.

好的,在此分享个诀窍,让大脑能够重新去看。

Did you all get an envelope that says "do not open" on it?

你们都有拿到写着“别打开”的信封吗?

Grab that envelope, it's time to open it.

拿起信封,开信时间到了!

Inside should be a piece of paper and a pencil.

里面应该有纸和铅笔。

Once you have that all prepped, please turn to somebody next to you.

都准备好之后,请转向你旁边的人。

Ideally, somebody you don't know.

最好是陌生人。

Yeah, we're doing this, people, we're doing this.

是的,各位,我们真的要这样做。

Great. Everybody find a partner? OK, now look back at me. OK, now look back at me.

很好。大家都有搭档了吗?好,现在看回来我这边。

You are going to draw each other, OK?

你们要画彼此。

No, no, no, no, wait, wait, wait, wait.

不,等等。

I promise this is not about doing a good drawing, OK?

我保证,重点不是要画得好,好吗?

That's not what we're doing here, we're looking, this is about looking.

那不是我们要做的,我们要看,重点是看。

Everybody's going to be terrible, I promise, don't worry.

我保证大家都会画得很烂,别担心。

You're going to draw each other with two very simple rules.

画彼此时,要遵守两条原则:

One, you are never going to lift your pencil up off the paper.

第一:笔尖不能离开纸面。

One continuous line. No, no, trust me here.

画出一条连续的线,相信我。

This is about looking, OK?

重点是看,好吗?

So one continuous line never lift the pencil.

一条连续线,笔尖不离纸。

Number two, never, ever, ever look down at the paper you're drawing on, OK?

第二:绝对绝对不要低头看画纸,好吗?

Yes, it's about looking. So keep looking at the person you're drawing.

是的,重点是看。所以,持续看着你画的对象。

Now put your pencil down in the middle of the paper, OK?

现在将笔放在纸中央。好吗?

Look up at your partner.

看着你的搭档。

Look at the inside of one of their eyes.

看进他的眼睛。

Doesn't matter which one.

哪只眼睛都行。

That's where you're going to start.

这是你的起点。

Ready? Deep breath. And begin.

准备好了吗?深呼吸。开始。

Now, just draw but notice where you are, you're starting there and you see there is a corner, maybe there's a curve there.

只管画,但注意你在看哪,从起点看见转角,也许有条曲线。

Notice those little lines, the eyelashes.

注意微小的线条、睫毛。

People are wearing masks, some aren't, just work with that.

有人戴口罩了,有人没有,只管去画就好。

Now just go slow.

慢慢来。

Pay attention and draw what you see.

注意看,画出你所看见的。

And don't look down. Just keep going.

不要向下看,继续画。

And just five more seconds. And stop.

再来五秒钟。停。

Look down at your beautiful drawings. Right?

好,低头看看你美丽的画吧。

Show your partner their incredible portrait. It's so good, right?

给你的搭档看看他们的美妙画像。很棒,对吧?

I want to see them. Hold them up.

我也想看!大家把画举起来吧。

Can you guys hold them up? Hold up, everybody.

大家能把画举起来吗?大家都举起来。

Oh my gosh. Are you kidding me? You all are amazing.

我的天,你们在开玩笑吧?你们都好棒。

OK, you can put your drawings back down, tuck them under, put them on the paper.

好了,可以把画放下来了,跟纸一起收好。

That was wonderful.

很美好,对吧?

I mean, they're all terrible, but they're wonderful.

是画得很烂,但很美好。

Why are they wonderful?

为什么很美好?

Because you all just drew a face.

因为你们都画了一张脸。

You drew what you saw.

你们画下你所看到的。

You didn't draw what you think a face looks like, right?

而不是画出对脸的预设。

You also just did something that people rarely do.

你们刚也做了件人们鲜少做的事。

You just made intimate eye-to-eye, face-to-face contact with someone without shying away for almost a minute.

你们刚进行了亲密的对视、面对面接触,且没有因害羞而闪避,持续了近一分钟。

Through drawing, you slowed down, you paid attention, you looked closely at someone and you let them look closely at you.

通过画画,你们慢下来了,你们付出注意力,你们仔细地去看一个人,也让对方仔细地看自己。

Good job.

做得好。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
curved

想一想再看

adj. 弯曲的;弄弯的 n. 倒弧角 vt. 弯曲(c

 
partner ['pɑ:tnə]

想一想再看

n. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人
v. 同 ... 合

联想记忆
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 
circle ['sə:kl]

想一想再看

n. 圈子,圆周,循环
v. 环绕,盘旋,包围

 
curve [kə:v]

想一想再看

n. 曲线,弯曲,弧线,弯曲物
vt.

 
intimate ['intimeit,'intimit]

想一想再看

adj. 亲密的,私人的,秘密的
n. 密友<

联想记忆
shoulder ['ʃəuldə]

想一想再看

n. 肩膀,肩部
v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩

 
continuous [kən'tinjuəs]

想一想再看

adj. 连续的,继续的,连绵不断的

联想记忆
envelope ['enviləup]

想一想再看

n. 信封,封皮,壳层

联想记忆
portrait ['pɔ:trit]

想一想再看

n. 肖像,画像
adj. (文件页面)

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。