Hello! What are you guys looking at?
你们好!你们在看什么?
I'm showing Ashley pictures of my girlfriend.
我在给阿什莉看我女朋友的照片。
We have so much in common--even small things. She can't whistle and I can't either.
我们有如此多的共同点——即使是一些小事。她不会吹口哨,我也不会。
And here's a picture of my boyfriend.
这是我男朋友的一张照片。
My family is big and so is his.
我的家庭很大,他的家庭也是。
I don't like ball sports and he doesn't either! We are made for each other…
我不喜欢球类运动,他也不喜欢!我们是天生的一对……
…and so are we.
……我们也是。
Uh… you have found perfect partners … and so have I!
嗯……你们已经找到了完美的伴侣……我也找到了!
Pete and Ashley are talking about people they love.
皮特和阿什莉正在谈论他们爱的人。
They are putting two ideas together with connectors.
他们正在用连接词把两个观点放在一起。
Let's start with these two sentences: She can't whistle. Pete can't whistle. How do you put them together?
让我们从这两个句子开始:她不会吹口哨。皮特不会吹口哨。你们怎么把它们放在一起呢?
Pete says, "She can't whistle and I can't either."
皮特说:“她不会吹口哨,我也不会。”
You can see we just add the conjunction "either" and take away the verb "whistle."
你们可以看到,我们只增加了连接词“either”,去掉了动词“whistle”。
And Ashley says: "I don't like ball sports and he doesn't either!"
阿什莉说:“我不喜欢球类运动,他也不喜欢!”
Keep looking for connectors!
继续寻找连接词!
You met someone, Anna? That's great! What's his name?
你遇到某个人了吗,安娜?太好了!他叫什么名字?
His name? His name is uh… Bus…ter. Car…ter.
他的名字吗?他的名字是嗯……Bus…ter。Car…ter。
Bus…ter, Car…ter?
Bus…ter,Car…ter?
It's just Buster Carter, Ashley. I like him and he likes me. We're a great couple.
就是巴斯特·卡特,阿什莉。我喜欢他,他也喜欢我。我们是很棒的一对。
Hey, let's all get dinner tonight, together. You can bring Buster.
嘿,我们今晚一起吃晚饭吧。你可以带巴斯特来。
Yeah, I can't wait to meet him.
是啊,我等不及要见他了。
Thanks, Ashley, but he's really busy tonight with his uh, squirrel collection. Bye, guys! Gotta go!
谢谢,阿什莉,但他今晚真的很忙,他要忙着收集松鼠。再见, 伙计们!我得走了!
Squirrel collection?
收集松鼠?
You know, she made all that up.
这一切都是她编造的。
That's so sad. She needs to meet someone. Hey, do you know anyone who she might…
那真是太遗憾了。她需要认识某个人。嘿,你认识某个她可能……?
No.
不认识。
Anna, Anna, you lied! You lied! Now, they think you have a boyfriend--with a squirrel collection.
安娜,安娜,你撒谎了!你撒谎了!现在,他们以为你有男朋友了——还是收集松鼠的。
Here, squirrel. Well, you need to tell them the truth. You don't have a boyfriend.
给你,松鼠。你需要告诉他们真相。你没有男朋友。
Excuse me, is this seat taken?
打扰一下,这里有人坐吗?
Ashley, Pete, I need to talk to you. This morning, I lied.
阿什莉,皮特,我需要和你们谈谈。今天早上,我撒谎了。
Let me guess. There's no Buster Carter. What a surprise!
让我猜猜。没有巴斯特·卡特这个人。真令人感到意外!
I'm sorry. But later I really did meet someone and we have a lot in common!
对不起。但后来我真的遇到了一个人,我们有很多共同点!
He's good at flying kites and so am I.
他擅长放风筝,我也是。
He likes to read comics and so do I.
他喜欢看漫画,我也喜欢。
I can play the ukulele and so can he.
我会弹尤克里里,他也会。
He sounds perfect for you, Anna. Can he come tonight?
听起来他很适合你,安娜。他今晚能来吗?
That's the sad part. You see, he just got a job as a spy, and tonight he leaves on assignment.
这就是令人感到遗憾的部分。他刚找到一份间谍的工作,今晚他就要离开去执行任务了。
Of course he does.
他当然要离开。
But that's okay, because now I know that there is someone out there made for me.
但没关系,因为现在我知道有人和我是天生一对。
Oh, it's late! I have to see him off at the train station. Bye, you guys!
哦,太晚了!我得去火车站为他送行。再见,伙计们!
Bye, Anna! Oh dear, she's worse than we thought.
再见,安娜!天哪,她比我们想的还糟。
She's lost her mind.
她疯了。
What should we do?
我们该怎么办?
Let's tell her!
我们告诉她吧!
No, Pete. Mr. Right may not be real but he makes her really happy.
不,皮特。如意郎君可能不是真的,但他让她真的很开心。
Did you find any other connectors?
你们找到其他连接词了吗?
Notice how the words are in a different order in the part after "so."
注意“so”后面的单词顺序有什么不同。