Squeaks? Squeaks?
吱吱? 吱吱?
Hmmm. I don’t see him anywhere.
嗯。 我哪儿都没看到他。
Oooh, maybe he’s… up here!
哦,也许他在上面!
Hmm…
嗯…
Oh, hey!
哦,嘿!
Squeaks and I were just playing Hide & Squeak.
我和吱吱在玩捉迷藏。
That’s when Squeaks hides, and I find him, using my senses!
这时吱吱藏了起来,我用我的感官找到了他!
Senses are ways you experience the world, like seeing, hearing, feeling, tasting, and smelling.
感官是你体验世界的方式,比如视觉、听觉、感觉、味觉和嗅觉。
We use different body parts to use our different senses!
我们使用不同的身体部位来调动不同的感官!
Ooh, maybe you can help me out!
也许你能帮我个忙!
Okay, let’s use our senses…
好吧,让我们用我们的感官…
like hearing, or smelling.
比如听觉,嗅觉。
Hmm… do you smell Squeaks anywhere?
嗯……你闻到吱吱的味道了吗?
Use your nose and tell me.
用你的鼻子告诉我。
Hmm… no?
嗯……没有?
Okay, how about using your ears to hear.
好吧,用你的耳朵听怎么样。
Do you hear Squeaks?
你听到吱吱的声音了吗?
You do?
听到了吗?
Hey, yeah! I do, too!
嘿,是啊! 我也听到了!
I think it’s coming from over here!
我觉得是从这边来的!
Oh hey Squeaks!
哦 嘿 吱吱!
That was a great hiding place.
那是个很棒的藏身之处。
And great job using your sense of hearing to find him, everybody!
用你们的听觉找到他真是太棒了,各位!
You know, not every animal has the exact same senses you do.
你知道,不是所有的动物都有和你有完全一样的感觉。
Some fish, like sharks, can see and hear and smell, just like humans can.
有些鱼,比如鲨鱼,和人类一样,能看、能听、能闻。
But they also have a sense called electroreception.
但它们也有一种叫做电觉的感官。
Oh, well, let me try and explain by showing you a picture of a shark.
让我给你们看一张鲨鱼的照片来试着解释一下。
You remember how I said we use our body parts for different senses?
你还记得我说过我们的身体部位有不同的感官吗?
Well, do you see these dots on the shark’s face?
你看到鲨鱼脸上的这些点了吗?
Those are the special body parts it uses for electroreception.
这些是它用来进行电接收的特殊身体部位。
All animals make a tiny bit of electricity, just like the kind that turns on our lights.
所有的动物都会产生一点电流,就像我们的电灯一样。
If that sounds incredible to you, it's probably because you and I can't feel the electricity animals make.
如果你觉得这听起来不可思议,那可能是因为你我都感觉不到动物发出的电流。
And that's because we don't have the right body parts.
那是因为我们没有合适的身体部位。
But sharks have these special spots that let them sense electricity!
但是鲨鱼有这些特殊的部位可以让它们感知电流!
If there are animals nearby, like fish, the shark will know because these dots on its face tell it when something electric is close by.
如果附近有动物,比如鱼,鲨鱼就会知道,因为它脸上的这些点会告诉它附近有电的东西。
The special spots are called ampullae of Lorenzini.
这些特殊的点称为洛伦兹壶腹。
And they pick up electricity, and send it through special tubes to the shark’s brain.
它们接收电流,并通过特殊的管道将其传送到鲨鱼的大脑。
That tells the shark where the electric signal is coming from.
这告诉鲨鱼电信号的来源。
Oh!
哦!
Yeah, the spots are named after the scientist who discovered them.
这些点是以发现它们的科学家命名的。
His name was Stefano Lorenzini!
他的名字是斯特凡诺·洛伦兹!
When you and I play Hide & Squeak, we use our senses of seeing and hearing... and sometimes smell!
当你和我玩捉迷藏的时候,我们使用我们的视觉和听觉…… 有时还有味觉!
When a shark is looking for its prey, it uses its senses too.
当鲨鱼在寻找猎物时,它也会利用自己的感官。
While the shark is still far away from its prey, it uses its senses of hearing and smell to locate a fish.
当鲨鱼离猎物还很远的时候,它利用听觉和嗅觉来定位鱼的位置。
When the shark gets a little closer, it can use other senses, like sight, to find the fish it’s hunting.
当鲨鱼靠近一点时,它可以使用其他感官,比如视觉,来找到它捕食的鱼。
Then, when the shark is less than a meter from its prey, it uses electroreception to figure out exactly where the fish is, and exactly how to aim its jaws to get a good bite.
然后,当鲨鱼离它的猎物不到一米的时候,它就利用电感受器来精确地找出鱼在哪里,以及如何精确地对准它的下巴来一口好咬。
And then… it’s time for lunch.
然后…… 该吃午饭了。
Oh, it’s okay, Squeaks.
哦,没关系,吱吱。
Sharks hunt for fish in the water, but they can’t come onto land, and they aren’t usually interested in people, or robot rats.
鲨鱼在水里捕食鱼,但它们不能上岸,而且它们通常对人类或机器鼠不感兴趣。
We’ve never had a shark here in the Fort.
我们在福特堡从没见过鲨鱼。
Oh, great question!
哦,好问题!
Squeaks wants to know, if sharks can see and smell, why do they need electroreception?
吱吱想知道,如果鲨鱼能看见和闻到气味,为什么它们需要电感受器?
Well, sharks can use their special spots to sense fish even when those fish cover themselves in sand.
鲨鱼可以用它们特殊的位置来感知鱼,即使这些鱼把自己埋在沙子里。
That means when they can’t see or smell the fish, they can still find them using electroreception.
这意味着当它们看不到或闻不到鱼的时候,它们仍然可以通过电感受器找到鱼。
Scientists figured out that the ampullae of Lorenzini were helping the sharks sense electrical signals from the fish.
科学家们发现,洛伦兹壶腹帮助鲨鱼感知鱼发出的电信号。
So even though they were hidden, the sharks could still find them!
所以即使它们藏起来了,鲨鱼还是能找到它们!
Oh yeah, I know, Squeaks!
哦,是的,我知道,吱吱!
A shark’s sense of electroreception is pretty cool!
鲨鱼的电感受器很酷!
I wonder what it’s like to be able to use electricity to experience the world.
我想知道用电来体验这个世界是什么感觉。
I bet you’re right.
我想你是对的。
But I don’t mind finding my lunch the old-fashioned way.
但我不介意用传统的方式找我的午餐。
Hey, what do you think we have in the refrigerator? I’m hungry!
嘿,你觉得冰箱里有什么? 我饿了!
Thanks for joining us today.
感谢今天的观看。
If you want to keep learning with me, Squeaks, and all of our friends, be sure to hit the subscribe button,
如果你想继续和我、吱吱以及我们所有的朋友一起学习,一定要点击订阅按钮,
and we’ll see you next time here at the Fort!
我们下次沃斯堡见!