Trying to create that mental picture of your life -- of what on earth is going to happen to you -- can crush you a little bit every day.
试着在脑中绘制一幅你生活的图景——到底什么会发生在你身上——可以一点一点的击碎你。
It is toxic and painful and deeply unfair.
这是有害的,痛苦的,非常不公平的。
Sometimes it's the little, insignificant stuff that can tear you down.
有时候,会让你崩溃的就是那些微不足道的小事。
I try not to read gossip as a rule, but the other day a website ran an article with a picture of me wearing sweatpants on the way to the gym.
我尽量不看八卦,但前几天一个网站刊登了一篇文章,上面有一张我在去健身房的路上穿着运动裤的照片。
The writer asked, "Why does this petite beauty insist upon dressing like a massive man? "
作者问道:“为什么这个娇小的姑娘总要穿得像个大块头呢?”
Because I like to be comfortable.
因为我想要穿得更舒适。
There are pervasive stereotypes about masculinity and femininity that define how we are all supposed to act, dress and speak.
关于男子气概和女性气质的刻板印象无处不在,这些刻板印象规定了我们都应该如何行为、穿衣和说话。
They serve no one.
它们对任何人都没有好处。
Anyone who defies these so-called ‘norms' becomes worthy of comment and scrutiny.
任何违反这些所谓“规范”的人都会被评论和审视。
The LGBT community knows this all too well.
LGBT群体对此非常能理解。
Yet there is courage all around us.
然而,我们周围有许多勇气可嘉的人。
The football hero, Michael Sam. The actress, Laverne Cox. The musicians Tegan and Sara Quinn.
橄榄球英雄迈克尔·萨姆。女演员拉维恩·考克斯。音乐家泰根和莎拉·奎恩。
The family that supports their daughter or son who has come out.
那些对出柜的孩子给予支持的家庭。
And there is courage in this room.All of you.
这个房间里所有人的勇气。
I'm inspired to be in this room because every single one of you is here for the same reason.
我很高兴来到这里,因为你们每个人都是出于同样的原因来到这里。
You're here because you've adopted as a core motivation the simple fact that this world would be a whole lot better if we just made an effort to be less horrible to one another.
你们在这里,因为你们都抱着一个简单的中心理念,那就是只要我们减少彼此的敌意,这个世界就会变得更好。
If we took just 5 minutes to recognize each other's beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences.
如果我们只需要5分钟就能认识到对方的美,而不是因为我们的不同而互相攻击。
That's not hard.
这并不难做到。
It's really an easier and better way to live.
这真的是一种更容易、更好的生活方式。
And ultimately, it saves lives.
也会拯救生命。