So originally you were like an athlete from Hong Kong?
所以你原本是香港的运动员?
Yes, yes, yes.
对对对。
Like, fencing?
击剑运动员?
Yeah, I was a fencer. I was a fencer. (Cool.)
对,我是个击剑运动员。我之前是一个击剑运动员。(酷。)
That's cool.
酷啊。
My parents, they were Olympians too.
我父母也是奥运选手。
Yeah.
是吗。
Yeah, my dad is a fencer and my mom's a gymnast.
是,我爸爸是击剑运动员,我妈妈是体操运动员。
Wow, so I guess it would've been a let down if you didn't do something in that category.
哇,所以我猜如果你不在这一行做点什么,会让人很失望。
Yes, I mean, I was, I was prepping for London Olympics back then and then I just while prepping I just told my parents, "Hey, you know what, I always had this dream about music. Let me do my thing and-"
是的,我当时正在为伦敦奥运会做准备,然后我就在准备的时候告诉我的父母,“嘿,你们知道吗,我一直有一个音乐梦想。让我做我想做的事,然后……”
How did that go over?
那是怎么回事?
I mean, they want me of course to go to the Olympics, you know, do my thing. And you know it took me seven months to persuade them.
他们当然希望我去参加奥运会,你知道,做我该做的事情。我花了七个月的时间才说服他们。
Wow, but you were persistent. That's a lot of months.
哇,但你很执着。那可是好几个月啊。
Yeah, they were really against me. And then they're like, "You're outta your mind."
是啊,他们真的很反对我。他们当时就说:“你疯了。”
My principal told me that, “this is the worst, worst decision you're gonna ever make in your life.”
我的校长告诉我:“这是你一生中做出的最糟糕、最糟糕的决定。
Have you sent him a letter?
你给他写信了吗?
I think he knows by now he was wrong.
我想他现在知道自己错了。
Or like a signed headshot.
或者送他一张签名大头照。
Then after I debuted as a singer and I went back to have a concert and I invited him.
之后我作为歌手出道后,我回去开了一场音乐会,我邀请了他。
And then he said, "Jackson, we believed in you. Hey, we believed in you."
然后他说:“嘉尔,我们当时就相信你。嘿,我们知道你能行。”
This happens, it happens. That happened to me. I was like, "What?"
会有这种事,确实会有。我就碰到过。我当时就想说:“什么?”
I was like, people, like, were totally like, "That's never gonna happen, everybody has a dream."
那些人当时完全在说:“不可能的,谁还没个梦想啊。”
Like, and then they were like, "The whole time," you'd see them on the news and they're like, "We believed her from the beginning." And I'm like, "You are a liar."
之后他们却说:“从头到尾,”你会在新闻上看到他们说这种话,“我们从一开始就相信她。”我就想说:“你个骗子。”
We knew you were the one.
我们就知道你会是成功的那个。
Yeah, yeah. So, wait, so were your parents worried about you guys, like, get into the entertainment industry? Were they worried?
对,对。等等,所以你父母当时有没有担心你们进入娱乐圈?有过担忧吗?
Yeah, at first I said, "Hey, I passed this audition in Korea. I'm going, I'm leaving."
有,一开始我说:“嘿,我通过韩国的面试了。我要去,我要走了。”
And then they're like, "You know what..." They told me about this, like, "Entertainment? No. They're gonna kidnap you and put you in a cave and-"
然后他们就说:“你知道吗……”他们跟我说:“娱乐圈?不行,他们会绑架你,把你关进山洞,然后……”
(Wait. What?) They're gonna do this, yeah, like, parents. (Yeah.)
(等等。什么?)他们就是这么说的,父母嘛。
And then they're like, "No, you're not gonna do that. They’re not gonna...I’m not...We're not gonna see you again. You're gonna be MIA."
然后他们还说:“不,你不能这么做。我们以后该见不到你了。你会失踪的。”
And I'm like, "No, let me, you know, live my dream."
我当时就说:“不会的,让我实现我的梦想吧。”
And, yeah, seven months of persuading them and they're supportive.
然后就,对,用了七个月来说服他们,他们之后都很支持我。
That's amazing.
太棒了吧。
Do we have to sit this far?
我们一定要坐这么远吗?
You're just so cool, we're giving you room.
你太酷了,我们是在给你空间。
We wanna adopt him.
我们想收养他。
We're giving, we’re giving you room.
我们在给你,我们在给你空间。
Nobody's gonna kidnap you, son.
没人会绑架你的,孩子。
There's no caves for you. You made it, kid. You made it, kid.
这儿没有关你的山洞。你做到了,孩子。你做到了,孩子。