手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 短篇精选 > 悲惨世界 > 正文

第19期:爱情和起义(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:wangyu   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

When the soldiers attacked in front of the arsenal building, the people turned and ran, this way and that way, through the streets of the city.

当士兵在军火库前发起进攻时,人们掉头四散奔逃,穿过城市的大街小巷。
Marius and his friends came to the rue de la Chanvrerie and they built their barricade there.
马吕斯和他的朋友们来到了麻厂街,在这里筑起了街垒。
It was two metres high, made of wood and stone.
街垒有两米高,是用木头和石块筑成的。
Behind their barricade, the rebels waited for the soldiers. Night came, but nothing happened.
义军藏身在街垒后面,等待士兵的进攻。夜幕降临,可是一丁点儿动静也没有。
Enjolras was the leader of the students. He called Gavroche to him.
安灼拉是学生的领袖。他把伽弗洛什叫到跟前。
'You're small,' he said. 'Nobody sees you. Go and have a look round the city, and then bring us any news.'
“你的个子小。”他说,“没人会注意到你。你到城里转一圈,各处看看,然后给我们报个信。”
Just after midnight, Gavroche was back. 'The soldiers aren't moving,' he said. 'But there are a lot of them.'
午夜刚过,伽弗洛什就回来了。“士兵们没有新的动向。”他说,“不过他们人数很多。”
He stopped Suddenly and whispered, 'Hey, who's that? That tall man, over there?'
他突然停住话头低声道:“嘿,那个人是谁?那边那个高个子男人?”
Enjolras and Marius turned to look.
安灼拉和马吕斯转头望去。
'I don't know him,' said Marius.
“我不认识他。”马吕斯说。
'People are coming and going all night,' said Enjolras. 'Why, Gavroche? Do you know him?'
“整晚上都有人进进出出的。”安灼拉说,“怎么啦,伽弗洛什?你认识他?”
'Yes,' whispered Gavroche. 'He's not one of us. He's a spy, a police spy. Name of Javert.
“是,”伽弗洛什压低声音说,“他不是我们的人。他是个密探,警局的密探。他叫沙威。
He stopped me once, down by the river. Put me in prison all night.'
有一次,他在河边把我拦了下来,把我关进牢里关了一整夜。”
'Are you certain about this, Gavroche?' said Marius.
“你确定吗,伽弗洛什?”马吕斯问道。
'I'm certain, all right,' said Gavroche. 'He's a spy!'
“我非常确定。”伽弗洛什答道,“他是个密探!”
The rebels did not like spies. Four of Enjolras's men jumped on Javert, pulled him into the tavern behind the barricade, and tied him to the wall.
义军不喜欢密探。安灼拉手下有四个人冲着沙威一拥而上,把他拖到了街垒后的酒馆里,绑在了墙上。
'Do we shoot him now?' asked one of the men.
“我们现在就枪毙他吗?”其中一个人问道。
'Later,' said Enjolras. 'He can wait.'
“等等再说。”安灼拉说,“先不着急杀他。”
They went back outside to the barricade and listened for the sound of soldiers.
他们走出酒馆,回到了街垒,留神听着士兵们的动静。
Gavroche found Marius at the far end of the barricade.
伽弗洛什在街垒远远的一头找到了马吕斯。
'Marius,' he whispered, 'on my way back here I came past your rooms and went in.'
“马吕斯,”他低声说,“我回来的路上经过你的住处,就走了进去。”
'Why?' whispered Marius.
“你进去干什么?”马吕斯小声问道。
'I was hungry,' said Gavroche. 'The woman in your house is nice, she always gives me something to eat.
“我饿了。”伽弗洛什说,“你的房东太太人很好,她总是给我吃的。

QQ截图20221128170741.png

But she had a letter for you. She gave it to me. It came two days ago, she said.'

她有封信让我带给你。她把信给了我。她说,信是两天前收到的。”
'A letter? a letter from whom?' Suddenly there was hope in Marius's heart. 'Quick – give it to me.'
“有封信?是谁写来的信?”马吕斯的心里突然闪现出一丝希望。“快,把信给我。”
The letter was from Cosette.
信是珂赛特写来的。
'My dearest, Father says we must leave at once. We go tonight to 7 Rue de l'Homme-Armé, and soon to England.
“我最亲爱的,爸爸说我们必须马上离开。我们今晚搬到武人街7号,然后很快就会前往英格兰。
Oh my dear, how can I live without you? Cosette'
哦,亲爱的,没有你我可怎么活啊?珂赛特。”
Marius read this letter four times and then kissed it.
马吕斯把信读了四遍,然后又吻了一下。
She still loved him! He must write back to her and say his last goodbye.
她还爱着他!他得马上给她回信,向她作最后的道别。
There was still no sound of soldiers in the street. He found some paper and a pencil.
街上仍然没有士兵的动静。他找了几张纸和一支铅笔。
'Cosette, dearest. I came to the Rue Plumet, but you were gone already.
“我最亲爱的珂赛特,我赶到卜吕梅街时,你已经走了。
We cannot marry. I went to my grandfather, and he said no.
我们结不成婚了。我去找过我的祖父,他不肯答应。
I have no money, and you have no money. I love you. I can never forget you.
我身无分文,你也是一样。我爱你。我永远也忘不了你。
The fighting begins here very soon. When I am dead, don't be sad. Our love was beautiful. Marius'
这里的战斗很快就要打响了。我死了以后,你不要难过。我们的爱是美好的。马吕斯。”
He called to Gavroche. 'I want you to take this letter to the rue de l'Homme-armé. Can you do that for me?'
他把伽弗洛什叫了过来。“我想请你把这封信送到武人街。你能帮我这个忙吗?”
'Yes, but not now!' said Gavroche. 'I'm staying here for the fighting. I can shoot too, you know!'
“没问题,可是现在不行!”伽弗洛什说,“我要留在这儿战斗。你要知道,我也会开枪的!”
'Gavroche, you're just a boy! We don't want you to die in the fighting. Stay away from the shooting!
“伽弗洛什,你还是个孩子!我们可不希望你在战斗中牺牲。一旦开火你一定要躲开!
And this letter is very important to me. It must go now. I want you to put it into Cosette's hands. Please, Gavroche.'
这封信对我非常重要,一定要现在就送。请你务必把这封信交到珂赛特的手里。拜托你了,伽弗洛什。”
'Oh, very well,' said Gavroche. He took the letter, put it inside his shirt, and ran off into the dark.
“哦,那好吧。”伽弗洛什说。他接过信,塞进衬衫里头,跑进了夜色之中。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
arsenal ['ɑ:sənl]

想一想再看

n. 兵工厂,军械库,储藏 Arsenal n. 阿森纳

联想记忆
spy [spai]

想一想再看

n. 间谍,侦探,侦察
vt. 侦探,看到,找

 
rue [ru:]

想一想再看

n. 懊悔,芸香,后悔 v. 后悔,悲伤,懊悔

联想记忆
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
barricade [.bæri'keid]

想一想再看

n. 路障,街垒,障碍物,栅栏 (复数)barricad

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 第17期:马吕斯(4) 2022-11-28
  • 第18期:爱情和起义(1) 2022-11-28
  • 第20期:爱情和起义(3) 2022-11-28
  • 第21期:街垒(1) 2022-11-28
  • 第22期:街垒(2) 2022-11-28
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。