Let's bring in Kayleigh McEnany.
请凯莉·麦克尼讲讲。
She's the co-host of Outnumbered and she's the author of a new book, Serenity in the storm.
她是《寡不敌众》的联合主持人,也是新书《风暴中的宁静》的作者。
Kayleigh, great to see you as always.
凯莉,很高兴见到你。
Um what do you suspect? Good to see you. What is the job?
嗯,你觉得这是怎么回事?很高兴见到你。他为什么这样干?
Yeah you know well when I look at this, here's what I see.
我看到这个演讲的时候,我觉得
I see a president who is putting forward a campaign that is entirely defined by his opposition.
这个总统的竞选活动都是关于他的竞争对手的。
And what I mean by that is this, you know, he puts out this dark announcement video.
我的意思是,他发布了一段公告视频,里面充满负面言论。
He clearly thinks that he his competitor will be former president Donald Trump.
他显然认为他的竞争对手将是前总统唐纳德·特朗普。
You also saw a brief mention of DeSantis in there, an image of him.
里面还提到了德桑蒂斯,有一张他的照片。
Um but you know most of the times you demonize your opponent in politics,
但你知道,大多数时候你在政界妖魔化你的对手,
always every campaign does it, but you're not defined by that demonization.
每次竞选都是这样,但你并不能只靠这个来竞选。
You usually have a story to tell of your own.
你要有自己的故事。
For instance, I could tell you any one of the Republican candidate stories.
比如,我可以给你讲任何一个共和党候选人的故事。
You know Tim Scott, the son of a single mom, who lived in poverty
蒂姆·斯科特,母亲单身,生活贫困,
and through faith and hard work he came out and now is a successful US senator.
通过辛勤工作,他成功了,现在是美国参议员。
You know Donald Trump, a businessman turned president who turned this economy around and made it robust.
唐纳德·特朗普,商人出身。他扭转了美国经济的颓势,并使其变得强劲。
You know Ron DeSantis, the Laboratories of democracy, that's what they call our states and boy, is Florida the the crowning diamond of that laboratory of democracy.
罗恩·德桑蒂斯,主张开展民主实验。他治下的佛罗里达州就是民主实验最成功的范例。
I could tell you all their story stories, but I asked the White House.
我可以告诉你他们所有人的故事,但我问了白宫,
I asked the campaign rather, you know, what is Joe Biden's story?
问了拜登的竞选团队:乔·拜登的故事是什么?
Because right now the only story I know from Joe Biden
因为现在我从乔·拜登那里知道的唯一的故事
is demonize Republicans as MAGA Republicans and that can win an election.
就是把共和党人妖魔化成极端分子,而这样确实能赢得选举。
We saw it in the midterms,
中期选举时就是这样,
but an effective Republican campaign can prosecute the case of you don't have a story to tell the American people.
但共和党人可以批判你没有自己的故事可讲。
Yeah Kelly despite describing himself as a uniter in that in the story that you talk about that they want to publish
是的,凯利。在你提到的演讲中,他除了把自己描述成一个团结者,
that he is the defender against these extremist Republicans these Mega Republicans,
一个与极端共和党人斗争的捍卫者,
it seems to me that a strategy will be to continue to divide us on the basis of identity politics,
在我看来,他的战略似乎是继续利用共和党内部不同的政治立场离间我们,
to paint his opponents as threats not just to democracy but threats to decency.
不仅将他的对手描绘为对民主的威胁,而且是对民族尊严的威胁。
I mean here he is alluding to he is the defender of freedom and rights and how does he define that?
我的意思是,他在这里暗示自己是自由和权利的捍卫者,那他要如何捍卫呢?
By ensuring you see everybody else as a racist.
他只是确保其他人在民众眼里都是种族主义者而已。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载。