Conversation Two
对话二
M: Mary, I just got into a small accident with my new car.
男:玛丽,我的新车刚刚发生了一个小事故。
W: Are you alright? What happened?
女:你没事吧?怎么了?
M: I am fine. When I was looking for a parking spot I hit another car. I ran into its back bumper as it was backing out of a parking space. Fortunately, the driver did not get hurt.
男:我没事。我在找停车车位的时候撞上了另外一辆车。那辆车从车位往外退的时候,我撞到了它的后保险杠。幸运的是,那个司机没有受伤。
W: Thank God. Well, you do have insurance, right?
女:幸好啊。嗯,你有保险,对吧?
M: Yes. I am so thankful that I pay a little extra every month for full coverage.
男:是的。幸好我每个月都多花点钱买了全额保险。
W: What is the difference between full coverage and liability only?
女:全额保险和责任保险有什么区别?
M: Full coverage costs more, but it will pay more to have your car fixed if you get into an accident. Liability would only take care of damages to someone else's car, but not mine.
男:全额保险花费更多,不过如果你的车出了意外,它会给你付更多修车费。责任保险只负责对别人的车所造成的损失,不包括自己的车。
W: So you won't have to pay for the damages to your car from the accident today.
女:所以今天的事故对你的车所造成的的损失你不用出钱。
M: I have to pay a small amount of deductible, but it is still a lot less than I would have to pay to fix the car myself.
男:我得出一小笔免赔金额,不过这比我自己花钱修车要便宜得多。
W: Does your insurance cover the damage to the other car too?
女:你的保险包括对另一辆车造成的损失吗?
M: Usually it would, but the other driver did not have any insurance.
男:一般情况下会包括,但是那个司机没有保险。
W: If a driver does not have insurance then you are not responsible for damages to their car?
女:如果司机没有保险,那么你就不需要对他们的车所造成的损失负责吗?
M: Yes, because you are not supposed to drive at all unless you have insurance.
男:是的,因为如果你没有保险,你就不应该开车。
W: Did you receive a ticket for the accident? What about the other driver?
女:你因为这个事故收到罚单了吗?另一位司机呢?
M: The police officer gave me a small ticket because it was my fault. The other driver's ticket was higher because he did not have insurance while driving.
男:警察给了我一张小小的罚单,因为这是我的过错。另一位司机的罚单金额更多,因为他没有保险就开车。
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题5至问题8是基于刚才你所听到的这段对话
Question 5. What happened to the man today?
问题5 这个男人今天发生了什么事?
Question 6. What will the man's insurance cover this time?
问题6 这个男人的保险这次会包括哪些内容?
Question 7. How did the police deal with the accident?
问题7 警察是如何处理这次事故的?
Question 8. What can we know about the conversation?
问题8 关于对话,我们知道些什么?
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载