Jolly old Saint Nicholas, Lean your ear this way!
快乐的圣诞老人,请你靠近听我说,
Don't you tell a single soul What I'm going to say!
我们之间的秘密,不要讲给别人听。
Christmas Eve will soon be here; Now, you dear old man,
圣诞前夜就要到;亲爱的圣诞老公公
Tell me what you are going to bring;
什么礼物属于我
Tell me if you can. Please, Santa!
请你悄悄告诉我。求求你,告诉我!
When the clock is striking twelve, When I'm fast asleep,
时钟敲响十二点,我已沉睡入梦乡
Down the chimney With your pack, softly you will creep.
这时你来发礼物,悄悄爬进烟囱中
All the stockings you will find Hanging in a row;
屋中圣诞袜排排放
Mine will be the shortest one, You'll be sure to know.
最短那条属于我,你肯定知道
Johnny wants a pair of skates; Susie needs a sled;
约翰尼想要一双溜冰鞋;苏西想要一个小雪橇
Nelly wants a story book; one she hasn't read.
奈丽想要一本故事书;一本从未读过的故事书
As for me, I hardly know, so I'll get to rest;
我不知道要什么,等着你送的惊喜
Choose for me, dear Santa Claus, What you think is best!
你认为最好的礼物,请你放进我袜里