The Giraffe Family
长颈鹿家庭
Julian and Stephanie Fennessy are giraffe experts.
朱利安·芬尼西和斯蒂芬妮·芬尼西是长颈鹿专家。
They live in Namibia in Africa with their son, Luca, and daughter, Molly.
他们和儿子卢卡、女儿莫莉生活在非洲的纳米比亚。
They aren't from Namibia. They live there because of the giraffes.
他们不是纳米比亚人。他们生活在那里是因为长颈鹿。
Luca (twelve years old)
卢卡(12岁)
We help our parents with the giraffes.
我们帮助父母照顾长颈鹿。
We use photos to see which giraffes are there.
我们用照片来观察有哪些长颈鹿。
We know many giraffes because they all have different spots.
我们认识很多长颈鹿,因为它们都有不同的斑点。
Our family is from different places -- my dad is from Australia, and my mom is from Germany.
我们的家人来自不同的地方--我爸爸来自澳大利亚,我妈妈来自德国。
Molly (nine years old)
莫莉(九岁)
Giraffes are cool.
长颈鹿很酷。
They are tall, and their colors are beautiful.
它们很高,颜色很漂亮。
I like their soft noses.
我喜欢它们柔软的鼻子。
Melvin is the name of my favorite giraffe.
梅尔文是我最喜欢的长颈鹿的名字。
I like living here, but we don't see our grandparents, uncles and aunts, or cousins in Germany and Australia very often.
我喜欢住在这里,但是我们不太能常见到我们在德国和澳大利亚的祖父母、叔叔、阿姨或堂兄弟姐妹。