I live in a house in Bristol with two other students.
我和另外两个学生一起住在布里斯托的一所房子里。
The university doesn't have rooms for all its students.
大学不给每个学生提供住宿。
So, every summer, there are a lot of us looking for flats and houses in the city.
所以,每年夏天,我们中的很多人都在城市里找公寓和房子。
My friend Kate and I found the house, but the price was quite high.
我的朋友凯特和我找到了这个房子,但是房价很高。
So we had to find a housemate to share with.
所以我们不得不再找一个室友来分担。
We put an ad in one of the student magazines and got lots of answers.
我们在其中一本学生杂志上刊登了一则广告,收到了很多回复。
We chose to live with Melony, a third year medical student.
我们选择了梅洛妮,她是一个大三的医学生。
The house has only got two bedrooms upstairs.
房子里只有楼上有两个卧室。
So we changed the dining room into another bedroom for Melony.
所以我们把客厅改成了另一间卧室,给梅洛妮住。
The owner didn't mind, and luckily, the kitchen is big enough to eat in.
房东对此不介意,而且幸运的是,厨房足够大,可以在家里吃。
We all have lunch in the university and we share the cooking in the evenings.
我们都在学校吃午餐,晚餐我们轮流做饭。
I usually do it on Tuesdays and Fridays.
通常我在星期二和星期五做饭。
There is only one bathroom, which is quite a problem, as Kate spends a long time in there in the morning.
房子里只有一间浴室,这是个问题,因为凯特每天早上在里面花的时间很长。
The house has got a small garden, but none of us likes gardening.
房子带有一个小花园,但是我们都不喜欢园艺。
So, I'm afraid it's a bit of a mess.
所以,恐怕有点乱。
Next year, Kate, Melony and I are going to stay together.
明年,凯特、梅洛妮和我还要住在一起。
We might look for a house a bit bigger and a bit nearer the university.
我们可能会找一个更大一点、离学校更近一点的房子。