Read the story and answer the questions.
读下面的故事并回答问题。
Last month, our dog welcomed me when I came home from school.
上个月,当我从学校回家时我们的狗出来欢迎我。
He wanted a walk, but I was too tired.
他想去散步,但是我太累了。
I threw down my bag and went to the living room.
我扔下书包走向客厅。
The minute I sat down in front of the TV, my mom came over.
我坐在电视机前的时候,我妈妈走了过来。
"Could you please take the dog for a walk?" she asked.
"你可以带狗去散步吗?"她问。
"Could I watch one show first?" I asked.
"我可以先看一个节目吗?"我问。
"No!" she replied angrily. "You watch TV all the time and never help out around the house!
"不可以!"她生气地回答我。"你总是在看电视,从不帮助帮忙打理家务!
I can't work all day and do housework all evening."
我总不能工作了一整天,然后再做整个晚上的家务。
"Well, I work all day at school, too! I'm just as tired as you are!" I shouted back.
"哎,我也是一整天在学校工作!我和你是一样的累!"我喊道。
My mom did not say anything and walked away.
我妈妈什么也没说就走了。
For one week, she did not do any housework and neither did I.
一个星期,她没有做任何家务,我也没有做。
Finally, I could not find a clean dish or a clean shirt.
最后我连干净的盘子或干净的衬衫都找不到。
The next day, my mom came home from work to find the house clean and tidy.
第二天我妈妈下班回家发现家里变得干净整洁。
"What happened?" she asked in surprise.
"发生了什么?"她惊讶的问。
"I'm so sorry, Mom.
"非常抱歉,妈妈。
I finally understand that we need to share the housework to have a clean and comfortable home," I replied.
我终于明白,我们要分担家务来拥有一个干净、舒适的家,"我回答说。
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!