Read the following opinions of a Colombian and a Swiss student.
读下面一名哥伦比亚学生和一名瑞士学生的观点。
In which country is it OK to be 15 minutes late for dinner?
在哪个国家吃饭时迟到15分钟是没有关系的?
Teresa Lopez Cali, Colombia
特雷莎·洛佩斯卡利,哥伦比亚
Where I'm from, we're pretty relaxed about time.
在我们那个地方,我们的时间观念比较随意。
We don't like to rush around, so we don't mind if people are a little late sometimes.
我们不喜欢匆匆忙忙的,所以有时如果人们晚一会儿,我们也不介意。
If you tell a friend you're going to their house for dinner, it's OK if you arrive a bit late.
如果你告诉一位朋友你要去他们家吃饭,如果你晚到一会儿也没关系。
We like to enjoy our time slowly.
我们喜欢慢慢享受我们的时间。
We value the time we spend with our family and friends in our everyday lives.
我们珍惜在我们的日常生活中与家人、朋友一起共度的时光。
We often just drop by our friends' homes if we have time.
如果有时间,我们经常顺便到朋友的家里拜访。
We don't usually have to make plans to meet our friends.
我们通常不必刻意安排与朋友见面。
When we see each other, it's polite for boys to shake hands and for girls to kiss each other on the side of the face.
当我们见到对方时,男孩们握手,女孩们互相亲吻脸都是有礼貌的。
We often just walk around the town center, seeing as many of our friends as we can!
我们经常只是在城镇中心走走,就可以尽可能多地见到我们的朋友!
Marc LeBlanc Lausanne, Switzerland
马克·勒布朗,瑞士
In Switzerland, it's very important to be on time.
在瑞士,守时是非常重要的。
We're the capital of clocks and watches, after all!
毕竟我们是钟表之都!
If someone invites you to meet him or her at noon, then you're expected to be there at noon.
如果有人邀请你在中午见面,那么你应该在中午到那里。
If you're even 15 minutes late, your friend may get mad.
即使你只迟到了15分钟,你的朋友也可能会很生气。
So I make an effort to be on time when I meet my friends.
所以当我与朋友见面时,我努力做到守时。
I always leave the house early to avoid heavy traffic because I think it's impolite to keep others waiting.
我总是早早离开家以避免交通拥挤,因为我认为让别人等待是不礼貌的。
Also, we never visit a friend's house without calling first.
而且,我们也从不事先未打电话就登门拜访朋友。
We almost always make plans to see friends.
拜访朋友几乎总是要事先计划好。
We usually plan to do something interesting, or go somewhere together.
我们通常计划着一起去做有趣的事或一起去某个地方。
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!