Read the passage and answer the questions.
阅读短文并回答问题。
Life Is Full of the Unexpected
生活充满了意外
In May 2001, I found a job in New York at the World Trade Center.
在2001年5月,我在纽约世界贸易中心找了一份工作。
On September 11, 2001, I arrived at my building at around 8:30 a.m.
在2001年9月11日,大约是早上8:30我到达了我的办公楼。
I was about to go up when I decided to get a coffee first.
我本打算上楼,这时我决定先去买咖啡。
I went to my favorite coffee place even though it was two blocks east from my office.
我去了我最喜欢的咖啡店,尽管它离我的办公室向东两个街区远。
As I was waiting in line with other office workers, I heard a loud sound.
当我正和其他办公室工作人员排队等候时,我听到了一声巨响。
Before I could join the others outside to see what was going on, the first plane had already hit my office building.
当我加入到外面其他人看看发生了什么事之前,第一架飞机已经撞击了我的办公大楼。
We stared in disbelief at the black smoke rising above the burning building.
我们用难以置信的目光凝视着从正在燃烧的大楼上升起的黑烟。
I felt lucky to be alive.
我感到很幸运我还活着。
Almost 10 years later, I woke up at 10:00 a.m. on February 21, 2011 and realized that my alarm never went off.
差不多10年以后,我在2011年2月21日上午10点钟醒来,意识到我的闹钟没有响。
I jumped out of bed and went straight to the airport.
我从床上跳起来,直接去了机场。
But by the time I got to the airport, my plane to New Zealand had already taken off.
但是当我到机场时,飞往新西兰的飞机已经起飞了。
"This is the first holiday I've taken in a year, and now I've missed my plane.
"这是我一年中度过的第一个假期,现在我误机了。
What bad luck!" I thought to myself.
真倒霉!"我心里想。
The other planes were full so I had to wait till the next day.
其他的飞机都满了,因此我必须等到第二天。
The next morning, I heard about the earthquake in New Zealand the day before.
第二天早上,我听说昨天新西兰地震了。
My bad luck had unexpectedly turned into a good thing.
我的坏运气出乎意料地变成了一件好事。
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!