Read the passage and answer the questions.
读文章,回答问题。
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们,先生们,
Thank you for coming today to attend the graduation ceremony at No. 3 Junior High School.
感谢你们今天来参加第三中学的毕业典礼。
First of all, I'd like to congratulate all the students who are here today.
首先,我想祝贺今天在这里的所有学生。
I remember meeting all of you when you were just starting Grade 7 at this school.
当你们刚刚步入这所学校的七年级时,我就与你们所有人就相识了。
You were all so full of energy and thirsty for knowledge.
你们所有人都充满了活力和对知识的渴望。
And yes, some of you were a little difficult to deal with!
并且,你们有些人有点儿难以对付!
But today I see a room full of talented young adults who are full of hope for the future.
但今天我看到了一屋子对未来充满希望的、有天赋的年轻人。
You've all grown up so much and I'm so proud of you.
你们都已经长这么大了,我为你们骄傲。
Although you've all worked very hard over the last three years, none of you did it alone.
在过去的三年里,尽管你们学习都很刻苦,但你们没有一个人能独立学习。
I hope you'll remember the important people in your lives who helped and supported you — your parents, your teachers and your friends.
我希望你们要记住在生活中帮助过你们、支持过你们的那些重要的人——你们的父母、老师和朋友。
Please consider what they've done for you and what they mean to you.
请考虑一下他们为你做了什么,他们对你意味着什么,
Never fail to be thankful to the people around you.
永远不要忘了感谢你周围的这些人。
Lastly, the end of junior high school is the beginning of a new life.
最后,初中生活的结束是新生活的开始。
I don't need to tell you that life in senior high school will be harder and that you have many difficult tasks ahead of you.
我不需要告诉你们高中的生活将更辛苦,并且在你们面前会有很多艰巨的任务。
You'll make mistakes along the way, but the key is to learn from your mistakes and never give up.
一路走来,你会犯错误,但关键是从错误中学习,并且永不放弃。
But along with difficulties, there will also be many exciting things waiting for you.
但伴随着困难,也将有很多令人振奋的事情等着你。
Behind each door you open are chances to learn new things, and you have the ability to make your own choices.
你打开的每扇门的后面是学习新东西的机会,并且你有能力做出自己的选择。
Choose wisely and be responsible for your decisions and actions.
明智地做选择,并对你的决策和行动负责。
Although you have to go your separate ways now, I hope that in a few years' time, you'll come back to visit our school.
尽管你们现在不得不分开,但我希望几年后,你们会回来参观我们的学校。
As you set out on your new journey, you shouldn't forget where you came from.
在新的旅行启程之际,不应忘了你来自何处。
The future is yours.
未来是你们的。
Good luck and hope to see you again sometime soon!
祝你们好运,并希望在不久的将来再次见到你们!
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!