Dear Diary,
亲爱的日记,
This week I had an embarrassing moment at a bookstore.
这周在书店,我有一段非常尴尬的经历。
I ran into an old friend named Gao Yuan.
我遇到了一位叫做高原的老朋友。
When he tapped me on the shoulder and said my name,
当他拍我肩膀说出我名字的时候,
I couldn't figure out who he was.
我想不起他是谁。
He seemed familiar but I forgot his name. I felt awful.
他看起来很熟悉可我忘了他的名字。
We chatted for a while.
我感到很糟糕。
Finally I had to admit that I couldn't remember his name.
我们聊了会天。最后,我不得不承认我想不起对方的名字。
Before I could say sorry, he said he had to go and waved goodbye.
我还没来得及说抱歉,他说他要走了,然后我们挥手道别。
I felt bad, so I talked with Wang Mei about it.
我感到很不好,所以我和王梅说了这件事情。
She said that she once had a similar experience.
她说她曾经有过类似经历。
She forgot an old friend's name when that friend returned to China after many years abroad.
当她朋友多年以后从国外回到中国时,她记不起这位老朋友的名字了。
Wang Mei was a little embarrassed, too,
王梅也有些尴尬,
but her friend didn't mind.
但是她朋友并不介意。
She just reminded Wang Mei of her name
对方提醒了王梅她自己的名字,
and they had a good, long chat.
而且两人开心地聊了很久。
After talking to Wang Mei, I felt better.
和王梅谈过之后,我感觉好多了。
I called Gao Yuan that evening.
当晚我给高原打电话了。
He was happy to hear from me, and we had a good conversation.
能收到我的电话,他感觉很开心。我们聊得很开心。
We also made plans to play ping-pong together next weekend.
我们计划下周末一块去打乒乓球。
Yay, I got back an old friend!
哇,我又找回了一位老朋友。