Anna: Mom, can I go to the shopping center with John? He just got his driver's license.
安娜:妈妈,我能和约翰去购物中心吗?他刚刚取得驾照。
Mom: No way! I don't think sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to drive. They aren't serious enough. I'm worried about your safety.
妈妈:没门儿!我认为不应该允许16岁的青少年开车。他们不够谨慎。我担心你的安全。
Anna: But Gaby's getting her ears pierced at the shopping center and I want to watch.
安娜:但是加比正在购物中心打耳洞,我想去看看。
Mom: Sixteen-year-olds shouldn't be allowed to get their ears pierced either. They're too young.
妈妈:16岁的青少年也不应该被允许打耳洞,他们太年轻了。
Anna: I agree, but it's fun to watch. Can I take the bus then?
安娜:我赞同,但观看一下挺有趣的。那么我可以乘公共汽车吗?
Mom: Well, OK.
妈妈:哦,好的。
Anna: Great! I want to buy a new skirt, too.
安娜:太棒了!我也想买一条新裙子。
Mom: What kind of skirt? Maybe I should go with you.
妈妈:什么样的裙子?或许我应该和你一起去。
Anna: Aww, Mom. I'm not a child. I think teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes.
安娜:啊,妈妈,我不是一个孩子了。我认为青少年应该被允许选择他们自己的衣服。
Mom: Well, I just want to make sure you get something nice.
妈妈:嗯,我只是想确保你能买到好的东西。