Hi, I'm Mike. I'm from the United States.
嗨,我是迈克。我来自美国。
Welcome to our class, Mike. We're happy to meet you.
欢迎到我们的班级来,迈克。。我们很高兴见到你。
Can you tell me a bit more about China?
你们能告诉我关于中国更详细的情况吗?
Sure! Did you know that China is one of the oldest countries in the world? It's over 5,000 years old.
当然!你知道中国是世界上最古老的国家之一么?它有着五千多年的历史。
Yes, I did. It's much older than my country—in fact, the United States is one of the youngest countries in the world. It's not even 300 years old.
是的,我知道。比我们的国家更加历史悠久—事实上,美国是世界上最年轻的国家之一。历史甚至不足三百年。
And China has the biggest population, too. It's a lot bigger than the population of the United States.
并且中国也是人口最多的国家。比美国人口要多得多。
But China is about the same size as the US, right?
但是中国和美国一样大,对么?
Yes, and it's the biggest country in Asia. We also have some famous rivers. The Yangtze River is the longest river in Asia. It's about 6,300 kilometers long.
是的,中国是亚洲最大的国家。我们还有一些著名的河流。长江是亚洲最长的河流。约有6300千米长。
Wow! I didn't know that. I thought the Yellow River was longer.
哇!我还不知道呢。我以为黄河更长。
No, the Yellow River is 5,464 kilometers long. But both rivers are very important to China.
并不是,黄河有5464千米长。但是两条都是中国非常重要的河流。