A Talk time
A 交谈时间
Expressing congratulations, compliments, and sympathy
表示祝贺,称赞和同情。
When you are happy about other's good luck or success, you congratulate them.
当你为别人的好运或成功感到开心时,你祝贺他们。
When you pay compliments to people, you praise them.
当你给人们称赞时,你表扬他们。
When you feel sorry for them, you show them sympathy.
你为某人感到难过时,你同情他们。
Expressing congratulations/compliments
表达祝贺/称赞
Congratulations! Well done!
祝贺你!做的好!
You deserved to win/pass!
你应该赢/通过!
That's wonderful news!
这个消息太棒了!
I'm delighted for you!
我为你感到高兴!
Expressing sympathy
表达同情
Oh, I am sorry!
哦,我很难过!
What a shame! What a pity!
真可惜!真遗憾!
That's terrible! How awful!
太糟了!真糟糕!
A1 Judy and Paul have not seen each other for a long time.
A1 朱迪和保罗很长时间没有见面了。
Read their conversation and practise it in pairs.
读读他们的对话,并两人一组互相练习。
Hi, Paul. Long time no see.What's new?
嗨,保罗。很长时间没见了。有什么新消息吗?
Hi, Judy. They've just elected me monitor.
海,朱迪。我刚当选为班长。
Congratulations! You deserve it.
祝贺你!你值得当选。
Thanks. What's new with you, Judy?
谢谢。朱蒂,你有什么新消息吗?
Someone stole my new bike last week.
上周我的新自行车被偷了。
That's terrible! You must be angry.
真糟糕!你一定很生气。
You can say that again.
确实是。