When I have something difficult to do, I used to ask my mom, "Could you help me?"
以前当我做事情遇到困难的时候,我常常会问妈妈:“你能帮我吗?”
But she always says, "Do it yourself, dear."
但她总是说:“亲爱的,你自己做吧。”
Then I get so sad. I used to think she is a lazy mother.
然后我会很伤心。我过去认为她是一个懒惰的母亲。
For example, one day, I invited some friends to my home.
例如,有一天,我邀请了一些朋友来我家。
My bedroom was untidy. Books were all over the table and the ground.
我的卧室不整洁,桌子和地上到处都是书。
So I asked my mother to help me clean it.
所以我让妈妈帮我打扫。
But she said seriously, "Do it yourself, girl."
但她认真地说:“你自己做吧,闺女。”
So I did it myself. Because of my "lazy" mother, I wash my clothes and clean my room myself.
所以我自己做了。因为我“懒惰”的妈妈,我要自己洗衣服、打扫房间,
I can also help my parents do some housework.
还要帮父母做一些家务。
From now on, I understand my mother. It's her laziness that makes me clever and hard-working.
现在,我懂我的妈妈了,是她的懒惰使我变得聪明、努力。
Just my mother says, "A lady can't be lazy, or she'll be crazy. Work can make you sunny."
只是我妈妈说:“淑女不能懒惰,否则她会变得很疯狂。劳动可以让你变得阳光。”
I have a great mother. A good mother is a good teacher.
我有一个伟大的母亲。一个好妈妈就是一个好老师。