"It could prove very valuable" he told her.
“它可是非常有价值的,”他告诉她说。
"Monetarily?" she challenged.
“很值钱吗?”她质问道。
Mr. Steward nodded. "Monetarily," he said.
斯图沃德先生点点头说:“很值钱。”
Norma frowned. She didn't like his attitude. "What are you trying to sell?" she asked.
诺玛皱了皱眉。她不喜欢他的这种态度。“你想要推销什么?”她问。
"I'm not selling anything." He answered.
“我什么东西也不卖,”他答道。
Arthur came out of the living room. "Something wrong?"
阿瑟从起居室里走了出来:“出了什么事?”
Mr. Steward introduced himself.
斯图沃德先生自我介绍了一下。
"Oh, the—" Arthur pointed toward the living room and smiled. "What is that gadget, anyway?"
“哦,那个——”阿瑟指着起居室,笑着说,“那到底是什么玩意儿?”
"It won't take long to explain," replied Mr. Steward. "May I come in?"
“我来解释一下,不会占太长时间的,”斯图沃德先生说,“我可以进来吗?”
Arthur looked at Norma. "Up to you," she said.
阿瑟看着诺玛。“你决定吧,”她说。
He hesitated. "Well, why not?" he said.
他犹豫了一下。“好吧,为什么不呢?”他说。
They went into the living room. Mr. Steward reached into his pocket and withdrew a small envelope. "Inside here is a key to the bell-unit dome," he said.
他们走进起居室。斯图沃德先生把手伸进口袋里,掏出了一个小信封:“这里面的钥匙能够打开钟形装置的玻璃罩。”
"What's it for?" asked Arthur.
“它有什么用?”阿瑟问。
"If you push the button, "Mr. Steward told him, "somewhere in the world someone will die. In return for this you will receive a payment of $50,000."
“如果您按这个钮,”斯图沃德先生告诉他,“这个世界上的某个地方就会有一个人死去。为此,您将会得到5万美元的报酬。”
Norma stared at the small man.
诺玛盯着这个矮个子男人。
"What are you talking about?" Arthur asked him.
“你在说什么呀?”阿瑟问。
Mr. Steward looked surprised. "But I've just explained," he said.
斯图沃德先生看起来很吃惊。“我刚刚不是向您解释过了吗?”他说。