Hi, John, there’ll be a charity show next weekend.
嗨,约翰,下周末有一场慈善演出。
Are you interested in coming?
你有兴趣来吗?
What kind of charity show?
什么样的慈善演出?
It’s a concert organized by the Students’ Union.
这是一场由学生会组织的音乐会。
Its purpose is to raise funds for the children in remote areas.
它的目的是为偏远地区的儿童筹集资金。
It sounds like you’re doing something worthwhile!
听起来你在做一些有意义的事情!
Yes, I think we’re all supposed to help those in need.
是的,我认为我们都应该帮助那些需要帮助的人。
So, would you like to join us?
那么,你想加入我们吗?
Of course. I ought to do my bit and contribute to society.
当然可以。我应该尽我一点绵薄之力,为社会做贡献。
But, Mary, have I got to practice very often?
但是,玛丽,我必须经常练习吗?
I have an optional course every other evening.
我每隔一天晚上有一门选修课。
I don’t think you have to.
我认为你不必这么做。
You can practice on your own;
你可以自己练习;
but I think you must take part in the final rehearsal.
但是我认为你必须参加最后的排练。