Part I: Listening Comprehension
第一部分:听力理解
Section A: In this section, you will hear five short conversations. Each conversation will be read only once.
第一节:在本节中,你将听到五段短对话。每段对话只读一遍。
At the end of each conversation, there will be a fifteen-second pause.
每段对话后有15秒钟的停顿。
During the pause, read the question and the four choices marked A, B, C and D,and decide which is the best answer.
在停顿期间,阅读问题和A、B、C、D四个选项,并选出最佳答案。
Then mark the corresponding letter on the answer sheet with a single line through the centre.
然后在答题纸上用一条线标出相应的字母,线划在字母的中间。
1.I’ve visited a couple of wind farms, they are an amazing sight.
1.我参观过几个风力发电场,它们是令人惊叹的景象。
What on earth is a wind farm?
风力发电场到底是什么?
You know these windy places where they put big white windmills that capture the wind’s energy.
(风力发电场就是)在多风的地方安装巨大的白色风车来捕捉风能。
They could be seen quite a lot recently.
最近,人们可以经常看到它们。
That’s interesting.
这很有趣。
I’ve only read a lot about alternative energy sources over the past few weeks.
在过去的几周里,我读了很多关于替代能源的文章。
2.Hi, did you pass your test this time?
2.嗨,你这次考试通过了吗?
No, I failed again. I’m afraid.
没有,我又没考过。我恐怕……
It’s really hard to swallow.
真的很难让人相信。
This is the third time I’ve failed.
这是我第三次没通过考试了。
Third time? What a pity!
第三次?太遗憾了!
I really thought you’d made it this time.
我真的以为你这次能通过考试。
So did I. Everything was going OK, and then at the end, while I was parking, I bumped into another car. It had bowled over.
我也是。一切都很顺利,可是最后,当我停车的时候,我撞上了另一辆车。它被撞翻了。
That’s too bad.
太糟糕了。
3.Good morning, how can I help you?
3.早上好,有什么可以帮您的吗?
I’m looking for a present for my friend.
我想给我的朋友买一件礼物。
She likes homeopathic products.
她喜欢顺势疗法的产品。
Could you give me any idea on something that is free of artificial preservatives?
你能给我介绍一下不含人造防腐剂的产品吗?
Well, there are lots of things I could recommend to you.
嗯,有很多东西我可以推荐给你。
For example, aloe vera is very popular.
例如,芦荟很受欢迎。
There are no E-numbers in this product.
这个产品不含添加剂。
4.Hi, Jane. How are you?
4.嗨,简。你好吗?
I didn’t sleep a wink last night.
我昨晚一夜没合眼。
The people next door were making noise all night.
隔壁的人整晚都在制造噪音。
And look at their place—it’s such an eyesore.
看看他们的房间——太碍眼了。
I’m fed up with the situation but don’t know what to do.
我受够了这种情况,但不知道该怎么办。
Why don’t you give them a piece of your mind?
你为什么不跟他们谈谈你的想法呢?
I don’t want to make waves.
我不想挑起事端。
They probably wouldn’t take any notice anyway.
反正他们可能也不会在意。
5.What’s John doing these days?
5.约翰这些天在做什么?
He’s followed in his father’s footsteps too and works in the family importing business.
他效仿他的父亲在家族进口企业工作。
He’s living overseas at the moment.
他目前住在海外。
Oh, really? How does he like it?
哦,真的吗?他觉得怎么样?
It was difficult at first because he had to start from scratch.
起初很难,因为他必须从头开始。
He’s settled in now, though, and he loves it.
不过,他现在已经安顿下来了,而且他很喜欢。