n. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演
您现在的位置: 首页 > 高中英语 > 高中听力 > 高中英语人教版全三册 > 高中英语人教版第一册听力 > 正文
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
Scene 3
第三场
In the park,Mathilde continues to tell Jeanne her story.
在公园,玛蒂尔德继续给让娜讲她的故事。
M:So I called on you and asked if I could borrow some jewellery.
M:所以我去拜访你,问我能否借有些首饰。
Do you remember now?
你现在还记得吗?
J:Yes,Mathilde, I remember.
J:是的,玛蒂尔德,我能记得。
M:You were very kind.You brought out all your jewellery
M:你真是太好了。你把自己所有的首饰都拿出来。
and you told me I could take anything I liked.
你说,我可以拿走我想要的任何东西。
There were so many beautiful things that it was hard to choose.
有那么多漂亮日东西,真的好难挑选。
And then I saw a lovely diamond necklace
后来,我看到一个可爱的钻石项链,
with a big blue stone in the centre.
中间有一颗很大的蓝色钻石。
J:I remember.You tried it on and it looked wonderful on you.
J:我想起来了。你戴在身上比量着,看起来真漂亮。
I'm sure you looked beautiful that evening.You were always a pretty girl
我确信那天晚上你风光极了。你那时一直是个漂亮的姑娘。
M:In those days I may have been pretty.
M:那时候我也许我很漂亮。
Pierre and I did have a very good time at the ball.
我和皮埃尔在舞台上确实玩得很开心。
But that was the last moment of happiness in our lives.
可是,那是我们一生中幸福时光的最后一刻。
After that night everything changed.
过了那个夜晚,一切都发生了改变。
J:Why? What happened?
为什么呀!发生了什么事?
M:On our way home that night I looked down
M:那天晚上,在我们回家的路上,我低头一看,
and saw that the necklace was not around my neck any more.
发现我脖子上的项链不见了。
I told Pierre.We rushed back to the palace and looked for it.
我告诉皮埃尔。我们急匆匆返回宫廷去寻找。
We asked everyone there if they had found a necklace,but without luck.
我们问遍那儿的每一个人,问他们有没有见到过一条项链,可是,真不走运
We couldn't find it.It was lost.
我们未能找到,项链丢了
J:But I don't understand.
J:但我还是不明白。
You brought it back to me the next afternoon.I remember very well.
次日下午你拿来还给了我们呀,我记得清清楚楚
M:Yes,Jeanne, I brought a necklace to you.
M:是的,让娜,我给你拿来一个项链,
It was exactly like your necklace,but it was a different one.
它跟你的项链几乎一模一样。但那是另外的一个。
It cost us thirty-six thousand francs.
它花了我们36000法郎。
J:Thirty-six thousand francs!
J:36000法郎!
M:Pierre and I borrowed the money and bought the necklace.
M:我和皮埃尔借钱买了那串项链
During the next ten years we both worked day and night to pay for it.
接下来的10年时间我们两口子为了还这笔钱,
That's why I now look so old.
不分昼夜地干活。这就是我现在如此苍老的原因。
Well,after ass these years we've at last paid off all our debts.
还好,过了这些年的苦日子,我们终于还清了所有的债务。
J:But my dear friend,Mathilde
J:可是,我的好朋友,玛蒂尔德,
That necklace you borrowed from me wasn't a real diamond necklace.
你从我这借走的那串项链并不是真正的钻石项链。
It wasn't precious at all.
它一点儿也不值钱。
The stones in the necklace were made of glass.
项链上的钻石是玻璃做的,
It was worth five hundred francs at most.
它最多值500法郎。
- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: