n. 素描,草图,概述,梗概
v. 速写,草拟
您现在的位置: 首页 > 高考频道 > 高中听力 > 高中英语人教版全三册 > 高中英语人教版第一册听力 > 正文
INTEGRATING SKILLS Reading and writing
综合技能 读,写
WE'VE ALREADY MET,HAVEN'T WE?
我们见过,对吗?
The story of how I got my new job,
这故事说的是我怎么样得到这份新工作的。
and came to be on such good terms with my boss is a funny one.
与老板的相遇真是一个很碰巧的巧合。
It happened like this I was cycling along a street on my way to the interview.
事情是这样发生的我骑着自行车在通过面试地点的路上
A yellow car passed me and suddenly cut in right in front of me,
一辆黄色轿车从我身边超车,突然又停了下来,
as there was another car coming in the other direction.
因为对面正好有一辆车开过来了。
I had to brake hard and I hit another cyclist.
我只好急刹车,碰着了另一位骑车人。
We both fell,but fortunately neither of us was hurt.I was extremely angry!
我们俩都倒下来了,所幸两人都没有受伤。我恼火极了!
I saw that a little further up the road the traffic lights had turned red.
我看到前不远的路口红灯亮了。
I cycled as fast as I could
我以最快的速度骑过去
and saw that the driver in the yellow car was waiting at the red light.
我看到黄色轿车里的司机正在红灯的地方等。
I was still so angry that I went up to tell him what I thought of him.
我仍然满腔怒火,便决定把我对他的看法告诉他。
I cycled in front of him,
我骑到汽车前面,
got off my bicycle and laid it down on the road in front of his car
下了车,把车放倒在车头前面的路上
so that he couldn't drive off.
这样汽车就开不走了
Then I told him what a bad driver I thought he was.
然后我对他说,他这个司机太蹩脚了。
I told him that he had knocked two people off their bicycles
我告诉他,他把两个骑自行车的人撞倒了,
and had nearly caused a bad accident.
差点儿出了事故。
I told him that he was a danger to other people on the road.
我告诉他,他对路上别人构成了危险。
I went on shouting at him while everyone was looking at him.
我继续不断冲他嚷嚷,而大家都瞧着他。
His face became red.
他的脸变得通红
When the light turned green,I said to him,"Don't be so stupid in the future
当绿灯亮时,我对他说"以后不要做这种蠢事了,
Drive carefully so that everyone can enjoy a long life.
"开车小心点,让人家多活几年"
Then I picked up my bicycle and rode on.
说完后我扶起自行车,继续往前骑
Fortunately,I was on time for the interview.
幸运的是,我及时赶上了面试。
It was an important job,and I wanted the job very much.
这次面试是为了一份很重要的工作,而我又非常想得到它
I walked into the room where three people were waiting to interview me.
我走进面试室,三位要对我进行面试的人在那儿等着我
There was a woman who was the boss of the office in which I wanted to work.
有一位妇女,是我去工作的那个部门的老板
There was a man with whom I would have to work together
还有一位是将来的同事
and finally the manager of the company-the driver of the yellow car!
最后一位是公司的经理,就是那位黄色轿车的司机
We looked at each other for a moment in great surprise and total silence.
好一会儿,我们面面相觑沉默不语
What should I do now?
现在该怎么办呢?
I decided to look on the whole matter as a great joke!
我决定把整个事情当作是开了一次玩笑
I laughed and said,"Yes,we've already met,haven't we?
我笑着说道"对了,我们早就认识了,不是吗?
I remember that the last time we met I did most of the talking,
我记得我们上次见面时,主要说话的是我
so perhaps I should let you do the talking this time.
"因此,这次也许我该让你来讲话了。"
For a moment I saw him thinking.
我看他慎重地思考了片刻
Then he realized that I was not going to say anything about his bad driving.
后来他意识到我不打算给别人讲述任何事他那蹩脚的驾驶技术
The interview went very well.
面试非常顺利
I told the company about my work experience
我向他公司谈了我的工作经历
and answered their questions as well as I could.
并且可能老实地回答了他们的问题。
Two days later I received a letter offering me the job.
两天后我收到他们的来信,同意把这个职位给我。
I was pleased that the manager had decided not to be angry with me for having been so rude.
我很高兴,经理没有对我发怒因为我的粗暴无礼
Now I make jokes about it and say to everyone
现在我常常对大家开玩笑说,
that I dare tell my manager exactly what I think of him.
我敢对经理直言我对他的看法
- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: